Am I Stuck? Orc Stockade

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Am I Stuck? Orc Stockade

Postby Kenzya » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 am

I'm at the end of the Orc Stockade now. I've done everything after the point of no return except for the fight in the laboratory. I fought the orc slavers with the elves at the end and can leave the stockade.

Currently I am out of spells and my characters HPs are 10, 1, 1, and 1. I already finished the cook's meal. I can not create scrolls with my cleric. If I leave the stockade I just die before I can even get a single attack in. There seems to be no place to heal myself. Am I stuck?
Kenzya
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Am I Stuck? Orc Stockade

Advert

Re: Am I Stuck? Orc Stockade

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 am

No. Spoilerz!

there are 3 campfires you can reach.
- in one of the towers before the point of no return (you can return there or leave the place altogether as soon as you killed the slaver in one of the rooms after the dragon, the one that wants to make a deal with you)
- in the very room the slaver guy I just mentioned is with his minions a campfire will spawn as soon as his corpse touches ground
- in the lower levels is another campfire which will spawn when you defeat the second slaver boss

So it looks as if you have to kill the first slaver boss. No that easy considering your HP but doable nonetheless. Use your Wizard to scribe 2-3 Chaos & Fireball scolls and hope for the best.

Protip: take scribe scroll for your cleric asap
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Kenzya » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 am

Ah, I wanted to make a deal with that slaver. Well, whatever. I crafted some scrolls but the option "Use Scroll" as described in the help file doesn't appear during combat. I'm just trying to use a Wand of Chaos to fight this battle but it's not working very well..

Edit: I figured out why scrolls weren't working. But I don't know if this fight is possible. I mean, it seems possible if all dice rolls are in my favor but sometimes fireball hits for 6, sometimes I miss 10 times in a row on 50%+ chances to hit, and sometimes my wizard dies before unleashing one spell or two spells or whatever.
Kenzya
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Postby Void1984 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Is it worth to make a deal with that slaver? I've tried not to attack him, but I'm too weak without a campfire.
Void1984
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 pm

(spoiler) He's not planning to reward you, so it's really not worth making a deal with him.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Void1984 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks, I have seen that I can't progress further without that campfire anyway.
Void1984
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG