Walking Glitch

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Walking Glitch

Postby Kensh_O » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm having a very annoying, reoccurring glitch whenever I try and play Knights of the Chalice. Every now and then my party will auto-walk to the furthest left point on the screen they can reach and I can't get them to stop doing it once they start. I am using version 1.27.
Kensh_O
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Walking Glitch

Advert

Re: Walking Glitch

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 am

Hi Kensh_O, thank you for the bug report. Does it happen each time you reload your saved game? When it happens, can you push escape and quit or reload?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Kensh_O » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:46 am

It seems to happen at random and when it does I have to restart the program to get it to work normally for a short period of time. It doesn't affect anything except for traveling around. I can load saved games once the glitch occurs but it persists when I do. All that happens is my party tries to reach the furthest bottom left position it can. When I click to walk somewhere they will go there then head left until they hit a wall followed by going down until they hit another wall or are able to travel left again. I don't know if it is a bug with the game itself but it's occurs in both the full version 1.27 and in the 1.27 and 1.15 demos.
Kensh_O
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:51 am

Sounds like the Left arrow key (number 4) or Bottom-Left arrow key (the End key) getting stuck in pressed position somehow. It's the first time someone mentions it. What is your operating system? Do you have a joystick plugged in (the game could be getting bottom-left signals from a joystick or joypad)? Have you tried cleaning your hard disk and registry with something like CCleaner, then re-installing?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Kensh_O » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:33 pm

It was my game pad, thanks.
Kensh_O
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG