Just bought it

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Just bought it

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 pm

On Reach, I think the ToEE approach was quite a bit simpler - to just allow attacks within 10 feet, including attacks on adjacent squares. I guess the reach weapons should be made a bit less powerful (-1 critical multiplier maybe) to compensate for this.
I wonder if this can be programmed by making some changes on the A* (or whatever pathfinding algorithm you're using) to treat spaces occupied by friendlies as empty to cross, but not to end their movement there
Yes it can be programmed like this, it's just a bit more complicated and in KotC it might have looked weird when a sprite walked through another.
Another troublesome thing is the lack of 5' step around corners or doors frames.
As far as I know this is not allowed in the SRD, is it?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby nocker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
Another troublesome thing is the lack of 5' step around corners or doors frames.
As far as I know this is not allowed in the SRD, is it?

You're right! I've been to the d20 srd again to check this and it says you can't. I guess I'll call this a "house rule" from now on, because I got used to it being possible on the tabletop.
nocker
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG