Shield Bash?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Shield Bash?

Postby MOriden » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 am

I wanted my Cleric to have a shield for the extra AC and am willing to get Improved unarmed strike so he can Still both attack, and cast spells without having to put a weapon away. What i want to know is is their any way to shield bash? So that i can still essentially 2 weapon fight. Or even better is there a buckler [which doesn't take a hand] or some form or hand weapon such as thorn bracers or claws for the same.

Thank you
Moriden
MOriden
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Shield Bash?

Advert

Re: Shield Bash?

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't think shield bashing is in the game. Or is it? When I had melee clerics I would just craft a wand of divine power for them and then enchant the wand like a weapon (+5 destruction, holy etc). That way the cleric has a shield, a weapon and can still cast Divine Power from the wand.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Nope you cannot do a Shield Bash in KotC and there are no bucklers. Metamagic Still Spell would allow you to cast while holding a shield and a weapon, and also when paralysed.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby MOriden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Sigh* Seems like a really silly oversight to leave out both bucklers and shield bash. Guess i'll have to grab quick draw.
MOriden
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 am

It's not an oversight, I just never cared for bucklers and shield bash. They're not planned for KotC 2 either.
However I agree that clerics should be able to cast spells with a light shield (not heavy or tower).
Quick draw is an option but you can't open the inventory more than once per round.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG