Newbie!

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Newbie!

Postby Alberto » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello,folks,just signed up.

Heard about this great game on RPG Watch. Having a blast so far,this reminds me so much of the old Gold Box games,where I discovered RPG's all those years ago! However,I'm not senile yet,if I remember correctly!

I'm level 7 now and just been wiped out by Akrinax,but I've already found help for this on here. I'd like help on one thing though.

Is a Falchion a Bastard Sword? Or,if not are there any Bastard Swords in the game,because,as I say,I'm level 7 and haven't found one yet.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Newbie!

Advert

Re: Newbie!

Postby Tiavals » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 pm

I believe each weapon is named precisely as it is in the weapon proficiency. So, a falchion is a falchion class weapon, while a bastard sword(they do exist) is a bastard sword. However, the game is fairly stingy with weapons, especially ones with decent magic, so it's assumed you will create your own weapons(with the Craft arms and armor feat(or something like that)) and then enchant them(Craft magic weapons and armor feat)). So, if you want a bastard sword, you should make one, and then enchant it later as you like, as while there are magical bastard swords, they're quite rare, I think.
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Alberto » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Wow! There's no time wasted on this board then! :mrgreen:

Thanks muchly for your reply. It just means I've wasted a Feat,which I hate doing. No big deal,I was thinking of starting again anyway.

There's a bit of a steep learning curve to this game but it's good to find something challenging these days.Thanks again,

Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby Tiavals » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Alberto wrote:Wow! There's no time wasted on this board then! :mrgreen:

Thanks muchly for your reply. It just means I've wasted a Feat,which I hate doing. No big deal,I was thinking of starting again anyway.

There's a bit of a steep learning curve to this game but it's good to find something challenging these days.Thanks again,

Al.

You were just lucky, it could've been weeks until someone answered. :)

How do you say you wasted a feat? If you took the bastard sword feat, it's not really wasted when you get the crafting feat, and believe me, you will get it at one point.(probably as soon as possible even, for your fighter) :)

Unless you're a survivor who wants to live by what he can find on the land, but that makes the game so much more harder, and in the end, you'll need all the power you can get.

Well, if you've never played 3rd ed D&D, then I guess the learning curve is very steep. If you have, it's trivial. But the game is challenging whether you know the rules or not. :)
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Imo you should pick Craft Arms/Armor feat with your fighter at lvl1 or 3. Even if you can't enchant those weapons yet, it's helpful to be able to craft the weapon of your choice in different materials (adamantine, cold iron or what have you) to overcome the DR of different creatures.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Alberto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks folks,already on it.

I am now the proud owner of a Level 1 Masterwork Bastardsword. :D
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG