Can't enter Hill Giant enclave

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby banner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm

I can't enter the Hill Giant's enclave (I'm blocked by a force field).

When I speak to the "Old Witch", she says that she hopes I'm able to free the hostages, or something to that effect.

However, I freed every hostage I could find.

I've been through the Orc fortress over and over, searching for a hostage I might have missed.

Also, in the original cave, I never got past some of the locked doors.

I sided with a dwarf who was opposing the king. However, he (the character with whom I had formed a pact) died during the fight with the king and his men.

I never found a key.

I sure hope that that doesn't prevent me from continuing (also, it doesn't explain why the Old Witch speaks as if I have not found all the hostages).

Any suggestions welcome.
banner
Lizardman (CR 1)

Advert

Re: Can't enter Hill Giant enclave

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi banner, if you read the letters found in the orc fortress, they point towards the under-mountain passage found in the world map. That's the next step for you.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Can't enter Hill Giant enclave

Postby banner » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Hi banner, if you read the letters found in the orc fortress, they point towards the under-mountain passage found in the world map. That's the next step for you.

BlueSalamander:

Thanks for the feedback!

This is a bit embarrassing.

Years ago, I played all the way through the game. Twice.

Once with 2 knights, a cleric, and a wizard.

Once with 1 knight, 2 wizards, and a cleric.

The first time I played through the game, I had no problems at the Hill Giant enclave, because I read the note and played accordingly.

The second time through was almost immediately after the first time, so I had no problem there.

This time, I didn't bother with notes because I THOUGHT that I remembered everything I needed to do (I didn't recall anything tricky or non-obvious being in the game).

Anyway, thanks for the head's up.

Die slaver scum!
banner
Lizardman (CR 1)

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG