Hello, I have a few questions

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Jack Dandy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi there! :)
I got some questions:

1. How come charge attacks don't require a straight line to preform? I understand from the game manual that it's a requirement to move in a straight line..
See http://imgur.com/umc50rB

2. What does the "Meleeing" hit modifier mean, how does it effect somebody, and where can you see it's details? Could never notice it in attack rolls.
See http://imgur.com/vgIUDSy

3. Is it possible to transfer party and quest progression saves from earlier versions of the game to the newest one?

Thanks for any answers.
Jack Dandy
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Hello, I have a few questions

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:51 am

Hello Jack Dandy!

You're right about charge attacks. The concept of line is a bit different when the game world is a square grid. Lines become rasterised.
In the picture the path is a line. Two squares are always a line and three squares can easily be a line even if they don't look like one. Here, we have a three-square line if we include the initial position of the character.

Meleeing means a character is engaged in melee combat with another creature. If a character is adjacent to an enemy, he is considered to be meleeing. You get a penalty on ranged attacks towards that character.

Yes, all saves will work on all versions.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Jack Dandy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks. And just to be sure:
Basically, would you say that as long as a character has a direct line of sight with another character, and has enough speed, it's considered he can "run in a straight line" at him?
Jack Dandy
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:42 am

No, he won't be able to do that if there's another character blocking the path or if he has to cross special squares like Entangle.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG