When do you get crafting feats?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby lokiju » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello! New to the game, and have read in several spots that it really helps to craft. I can get a 1st level cleric to do scrolls...but I've tried several stat point characters, and can't seem to start with craft wand options (My wizard obviously has an 18 intelligence, which should be enough to craft anything, no?). Do you get it later? I'd like to know what stats I need for the feats...

Is there a place with more info on this?
lokiju
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: When do you get crafting feats?

Postby Koschey » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:43 pm

There is, ingame. Just press F1 to open up the ingame help and click the links to sections you're interested in. In the feat section, you'll find a list of all feats and in the feat descriptions themselves, you can see their requirements. Most of them require a minimum level and can only be taken by caster classes. Forge Weapon and Armor (crafting mundane equipment) instead requires a minimum Int of 8, but can be given to any class.
The only crafting feats available at level 1 are Scribe Scroll and Forge Weapon and Armor. Next is Craft Wondrous Item at level 3, Craft Wand and Craft Magic Weapon and Armor at level 5 and finally Craft Ring at level 12.
Koschey
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Re: When do you get crafting feats?

Postby lokiju » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you kindly! It seemed that people were taking them very early...I just didn't want to waste my time having to restart. :oops:
lokiju
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG