Greetings from California

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby doncorazon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 am

hi, I just came here after seeing a post about Knights of the Chalice on the Dominions forums. I am a fan of old school RPG games and have just played around with the demo for a short time - great game - seems very fun with a lot of soul!

This may be posted somewhere, and I apologize in advance if I missed it, but I am wondering how long does the game take to complete? Just trying to get a sense of how much content is in the game. Also, I agree with an earlier post I saw on the forums here - the font is pretty tough to read. Maybe you get used to it but makes it challenging to read at first. Otherwise, looks great...

Cheers, dc
doncorazon
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Advert

Re: Greetings from California

Postby getter77 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

If you lay waste to all things before you, expect this game to take..hmm....dozens of hours. This is if you choose NOT to fight any random battles for thrills, loot, unique foes, or exp. In other words, no worries about it being very short----the demo was but a taste of a slice.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Greetings from California

Postby Over » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Depends on your style of play, but I guess around 20 hours is the strict minimum, maybe more about 30+ hours on your first play. This is a very rough estimate, though. I've spent much more while beta testing, due to obvious reasons, so I'm giving you lower numbers to take that into account.
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG