KoTC...excellent work

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

KoTC...excellent work

Postby Bob Dhole » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 am

Hey, I finished KoTC 1 today. Impressive work, and great implementation of 3.5 ruleset. The final villain made for an epic battle. "Superboss(es)" beat my team thoroughly, however, as I just didn't have an answer for those troll shaman. 300+ HP and firing Mass Heals each turn... man, they've got me bested. :lol:

So, KoTC 2. I'll be keeping an eye on the site for this to come out. It appears ambitious, and much longer than the first with an entire world to explore rather than a coast. If you're able to complete it, you should give serious thought to creating a video and getting on board with Steam (I read that GoG gave you some trouble... shame on them, and their loss). I had no idea KoTC existed until someone offhandedly mentioned the game on the Steam forums. I think you'd have a loyal following if you opted to do so.

Hopefully the project continues, and I'll do what I can to spread the word.
Bob Dhole
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

KoTC...excellent work

Advert

Re: KoTC...excellent work

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello Bob Dhole, thank you very much for your post and support!

"Superboss(es)" beat my team thoroughly, however, as I just didn't have an answer for those troll shaman. 300+ HP and firing Mass Heals each turn... man, they've got me bested.
I think that the key here is to have a good stock of magic scrolls of certain spells like True Resurrection, Mass Heal, Mass Harm, Dominate Monster and Greater Disintegrate. Then this battle becomes doable.

you should give serious thought to creating a video and getting on board with Steam
Yes, this is planned. Please read the latest update.

much longer than the first with an entire world to explore rather than a coast.
Actually, I think that you cannot judge an RPG from the size of the world. For example, the two Ultima Underworld games took place in a single dungeon/cave complex, while the Elder Scrolls games like Daggerfall offered an entire world to explore. Yet, I would not say that Ultima Underworld was a less ambitious or less interesting game. In fact, it's the density of content that matters. Personally, I would prefer to play a game with high content density in a limited area, rather than a game offering a big world that is mostly devoid of quests, NPCs and dialogue simply because it would be impossible for the developers to fill up this huge game world with interesting content.

Hopefully the project continues, and I'll do what I can to spread the word.
Please do, it's much appreciated! Farewell :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG