Steam Demo Achievements in Full Game

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Endarire » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Greetings, Pierre!

May we get the achievements from the game's demo version added to the full game with the explanation that these are for the demo mode only?

As an aside, may we toggle demo/full game modes in the main menu without needing to restart the game?

Thankee!
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Steam Demo Achievements in Full Game

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:14 pm

May we get the achievements from the game's demo version added to the full game with the explanation that these are for the demo mode only?
Yes... Once Steam / Valve allows me to have more than 100 achievements in the game. In the beginning, they allow 100 achievements at the most. Once that limit is removed, I'll have the full game track the 17 achievements of the demo, too.

may we toggle demo/full game modes in the main menu without needing to restart the game?
In theory, yes, but it may not be worth worrying about.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Endarire » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 am

Based on my brief research, achievement counts are capped at 100 due to Valve wanting to give people something to do besides farm achievements easily. How to have Valve trust KotC more on Steam to up that limit?

Also, based on this post, someone hasn't gotten Steam Demo achievements working.
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:08 pm

How to have Valve trust KotC more on Steam to up that limit?
Mmmm, maybe the limit gets removed after a certain period of time? I'm not sure.

Also, based on this post, someone hasn't gotten Steam Demo achievements working.
I'm assuming they were playing the demo from the full version.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Galm_One » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:43 am

I think they remove the limit after X number of sales and reviews, but the person who said it to me might have been talking out of their exhaust pipe. And yes, it's rare these days to get the demo and then the full game; although this feels comfortably nostalgic to me :lol:
Galm_One
Lizardman (CR 1)

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG