Nehrim: At Fate's Edge -total conversion mod for oblivion

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby Marinx » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Yesterday I found about this mod, I installed and played about 2 hours and look very promising. Solved two small quests, which were funny and nontypical. I hope it'll not be boring like oblivion.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge/reviews/nehrim-at-fates-edge - review
http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html official site.

Read FAQ first how to install.

What exactly is this "Nehrim"? How does it fit into Oblivion? And what the fudge does "Total Conversion" mean???
Well:

Our project Nehrim does not fit into Oblivion at all. What we did is build an entirely new, discrete world that has nothing to do with Tamriel and the TES-Universe. This is characteristic of a total conversion: It works independently of the main game. Moreover, in a way Nehrim is a genuine, new game.

So much for the basics. But what is so special about Nehrim? Why should I download and play it?

Let's just give a few reasons:

1.) Nehrim is a game focusing both on story and classical RPG gameplay. You solve quests, earn experience points, collect better equipment. Although this sounds rather conventional, Nehrim finds a perfect balance between a stunning presentation and the actual game. If you are not motivated to proceed playing once you have started, you are probably doing something wrong.

2.) There is something to discover at every corner in Nehrim. Monotonous woods and impassionately designed dungeons? Not here! And honestly: Who wants to wander through landscapes you can find outside your own home? Nehrim includes sets of landscapes that have never been implemented in any game before.

3.) There is more to the story than "Go save the world". Much more. The characters have deep personalities, they change throughout the game. And who knows, there may even be some romance...

4.) There is going to be a new soundtrack. Our team musicians Simon W. Autenrieth and Lukas Deschel have been industrious so even acoustics freaks will be comfortable in the new world. Aside from these compositions there will also be a gig by Schandmaul, a popular Folk-Rock band, who kindly have provided a song for the project.

5.) Nehrim has an elaborate synchronization. And when we say elaborate, we�re talking no less than 56 professional voice actors and a recording studio from Berlin that got our backs. Regarding this, Nehrim may just be one of the biggest synchronization projects ever having been undergone for a fan project.

6.) Nehrim is free. All you need is a copy of TES IV: Oblivion.
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films