Age of Decadence Beta Release 2

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Re: Age of Decadence Beta Release 2

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Throwing weapons are good. A self-crafted iron handox with (+1-3dmg and vs DR2) deals 6-15 damage on a normal attack and with AP12 you could do 3 attacks per round, or 4 fast attacks per round.
That way I defeated the aurelian captain. I had very low THC against him (like 15%) when he had his shield equipped, however from afar he uses his two-handed crossbow and thus my THC was much higher. he shot his crossbow, I threw handoxes. The difference was, I could still block, while he couldn't. The outcome was predictable.

Studded Barbari offers DR 3 with AP 12 and dodge penalty 5%

That's what I meant with hardly any DR. With a self-crafted armor DR 12, you'll eat considerably less damage, most often you'll read "you've been hit for 0 damage" in the combat log. Of course that armor doesn't go well with dodge. However, even as a dodger I'd go for slightly heavier armor.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby codyaaron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 am

i agree with what u said that throwing weapons is good well for me its excellent
I wish i had henckels knives because then I could keep both Dracula and Superman away
codyaaron
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby getter77 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am

Beta 3 has now landed with a fair bit of overhauling and some new systems intro:

We proudly present R3 – the third release of the Age of Decadence public beta. This version offers a lot of changes, improvements, and extra content:

What’s inside?

Alchemy – create your own healing salve, berserk potions, acid and liquid fire vials that can be thrown at your enemies, black powder bombs, the "lich" potion, and neurostimulant.

Whereas crafting improves the player's combat stats only, alchemy improves stats, introduces new combat abilities, and provides new quest solutions. Basically, crafting is about focus, alchemy is about versatility.

Quest changes & New content – now you can score bonus loyalty points by selling info to Linos and telling him that Cado's planning to attack the shipment. You can loot Carrinas' body - the most requested "feature". An escape sequence was added after you kill Carrinas. The first Imperial Guards’ quest was tweaked based on the feedback we received. Plus, your grifter, loremaster, and thief will have more opportunities to ply their craft.

System Changes – different blocking mechanics, rebalanced weapons damage ranges and THC (to-hit chance) bonuses, rebalanced fast, power, and aimed attacks, rebalanced armor DR and penalties.

Interface – new dialogue interface and improved font for better readability.

If you want to see the full list of changes, click here.

Why release another version?

The main reason is to test the alchemy system, which is an important aspect of the game and can affect and change every combat encounter. We tested it internally for almost two months and made a number of changes already, but a small internal test can't compete with an open public test. Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated and your feedback does matter.

The other reason is to test the latest system changes. They reflect the feedback we've received after the last release and make combat more enjoyable (assuming you liked it in the first place). We'll continue improving the character, combat, crafting, and alchemy systems until the game is released, so it is an ongoing process. These systems will serve as the foundation for future titles (should there be future titles) and getting them right is important to us.

We're looking forward to your feedback and hope that you'll enjoy the beta.

PS. Thank you for your patience and interest.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films