Party Member Movement

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Party Member Movement

Postby walter61939 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 pm

I'd like the option of being able to move party members separately so that, for example, I can position my two knights directly in front of a door before opening it and have my two casters directly behind them.
walter61939
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Party Member Movement

Advert

Re: Party Member Movement

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, different formations would be good. Thanks for your post.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:35 pm

That Dungeons & Dragons Tactics PSP game also had this...though perhaps taken to an extreme whereby each character had to be moved separately the entire way through, which while allowing for much strategy, also appears to have driven some folk to sheer madness in terms of interface and plodding along.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby walter61939 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:45 pm

How about being able to move individual party members as an option? If you had to move them individually throughout the entire game, just think of the advertising copy : "Four thousand hours of incredibly intricate tactical gameplay !"
walter61939
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:08 pm

How about being able to move individual party members as an option?
Can't say I like that very much, but it could be useful for special situations where moving the party in formation would trigger traps and such.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2