When's it coming?

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: When's it coming?

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah. All in good time.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby sirchet » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 am

I have to agree with screeg, many of us never would have heard of KOTC if not for a few people who spread the word via posts on other forums and links in their signatures.

I believe KOTC would be green lighted in a matter of days if exposed on Steam.
sirchet
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Sitra Achara » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:11 am

Being the signature linker in question, I always wondered just how many sales could have resulted from this :)

And consider this another friendly vote in support for KotC & KotC2 on Steam. See here for someone who seems to have gone a similar process: http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.co.il/2011/10/why-all-our-games-are-now-cheaper.html
Sitra Achara
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby sirchet » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Heh heh, I've been a Spiderweb Software fan for years!

They make great games at a good price.
sirchet
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Essegi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Finally i am in to follow kotc2 development more closely.
I think too that going for greenlight and Steam would have some advantages. Unfortunately i read somewhere people that considers to buy only Steam games... That is not true for all gamers, but it is undeniable that Steam will broaden audience.
And price: imho we are above a magic number: 10 (and £, so € and $ too). A problem is that now people is used to buy relatively new games for very low prices. And if one doen't buy at day 1 it's sufficient to wait some months to get huge sales or find a game on a bundle.
So Steam will broaden audience but decapitate price. But i know some people that would instabuy Kotc for a lower price.

But i'd go greenlight for another reason: fanbase for Kotc2 and a Kicksart. I believe this would be a great advertisement itself.
I suppose that going for Steam before presenting Kotc2 would have an huge impact for a kicstart for KotC2. Of course majority will wait discount and so on, but i suppose those people would have not participated in crowdfunding anyway.
And Steam workshop + editors could be a nice combo (and an hated one for who ins't using Steam).
And about crowdfunding: it's important to spread the word. Btw if it fails, it's still ad.

And now my personal thought: i'd buy Kotc2 as soon as available, crowdfunding, preorder or day 1... And i don't care if it will exit in the next 5 years, take your time! :)
Essegi
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks Essegi.
It's on my to-do list to go for Greenlight with KotC. But I don't have the time or interest to do the required video right now.
Certainly it would be good to get exposure on Steam before any Kickstarter.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Essegi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

Oohh, nice to know! That's a good new (or, better, a confirmation)!
Thanks for the reply and good work!
Essegi
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Asian Playboy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57 am

You seriously want to get Greenlighted ASAP as Valve will be closing down Steam Greenlit soon.

Just this year alone they've approved a huge backlog of indie games just so that they can clear it in anticipation of shutting down that indie channel.

Indie games that have been Greenlighted and Kickstarted are the ones most likely to succeed.

And if you don't get Greenlighted soon, you're going to lose a hugely lucrative channel not to mention a broader audience that would support your future projects.
Asian Playboy
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby deathknight1728 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Well It also needs to get on steam and good old games as well. That would be good. I don't worry. As soon as Kotc 2 gets close to coming out, it will be released on gog, mark my words. This happened with Eschalon.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby gungnirs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:01 pm

I think steam is a better choice for various payment suppport, u cant really pay on gog in some country unless you have a multi currency credit card
gungnirs
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2