October 2018 Update, the War on Bugs!

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: October 2018 Update, the War on Bugs!

Postby getter77 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Inclined to agree---perhaps the last, best* time for a KS to kick off in a given year is about when Realms Beyond launched---plus, I suppose, being one of the first to manifest in the new year grants a tad more chance at gaining exposure as a reasonable excuse for coverage versus one of the last of many at the finish line.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby itsdat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:There is no joy for me in delaying the KS yet again. After all, it means that I have to keep living with extremely little money for a longer period of time. But it does seem to be best for me to delay it to 15 January 2019. The period from 15 January to 19 February seems best, for the following reasons:

1) It gives me two months to complete the prologue adventure Augury of Chaos, make the video(s), the KS page and required web pages.

2) It avoids the 'dead zone' of Christmas and New Year, when many people spend time offline with their family and friends rather than online looking for projects to back on KS.

3) Tuesday is the best day to start a KS and the 15th of every month is a pay day for many people. Tuesday is also a good day to end a KS.

I am disappointed, but perhaps this is a good idea. I have a question regarding the delays. Do you plan release the editor/toolset in january/february to KS backers? [..for example the Realms Beyond devs will release their tooolset to the backers when the game reaches early access, approx 8 months before the final release.] Personally I would like to start working on a module as soon as possible, since it will take a hella long time to complete. So what is the plan?
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 am

Do you plan to release the editor/toolset in january/february to KS backers?
Yes, the editor will come together with the first module at the end of the KS. That's the plan.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby itsdat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:58 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
Do you plan to release the editor/toolset in january/february to KS backers?
Yes, the editor will come together with the first module at the end of the KS. That's the plan.

Nice! 8-)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby itsdat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Hey Pierre, any chance of a november update and/or gameplay video? 8-)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:09 am

Hello itsdat, sorry for the slow reply. Yes, here is a new update: http://heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=769&p=5111#p5111

It may be best for me to do the gameplay video later on, so that I can show more content.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby fabgrass » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Xp earning should be seriously decreased compared to KTOC1.
is it the case?
fabgrass
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:09 am

Hello, experience points are awarded at the normal rate in KotC 2 Augury of Chaos (which is the same rate as in KotC 1), but each module can be set to award combat experience at a different rate, such as 50% of normal or 35% of normal, if you want the party members to level up more slowly.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby itsdat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello, experience points are awarded at the normal rate in KotC 2 Augury of Chaos (which is the same rate as in KotC 1), but each module can be set to award combat experience at a different rate, such as 50% of normal or 35% of normal, if you want the party members to level up more slowly.

Sounds good to me. 8-)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby galneon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello, experience points are awarded at the normal rate in KotC 2 Augury of Chaos (which is the same rate as in KotC 1), but each module can be set to award combat experience at a different rate, such as 50% of normal or 35% of normal, if you want the party members to level up more slowly.

Is a global multiplier (penalty-only, of course) settable by the player also under consideration? When possible, I tend to penalize my experience gain in RPGs. I do this for Infinity Engine games, and most recently The Witcher 3. Most are designed to be completable without the player finishing many side quests, so by default, you end up too powerful if you play all available content. That may not be a concern for KotC2 (I'm assuming there aren't too many optional, out-of-the way sidequests to miss), but it would still provide additional challenge for those who want it. When a lot of modules eventually become available, including multiple modules for similar level parties, slowing down party experience gain could make more of them enjoyable by the same party.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2