Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi, thank you everyone for your supportive posts! No worries, the KS team has approved the project. :D

Have a look at my tweet for more details: https://twitter.com/HeroicFantasy/status/1226143427563315206?s=20

I think it’s definitly the 1 GBP goal. They probably thought you were a troll or something. Might explain how quickly it was declined.
Yeah, probably. We'll never know, though. The ways of Kickstarter are inscrutable.

Indie Go Go.
That was plan B. Fortunately that won't be necessary.

I don't know how Kickstarter works but their share probably depends on the funding goal
Yes indeed, they take 5% of the amount of funds raised. I did see a KS project for a manga with a goal of USD 13, though.

Almost certainly it was a consequence of setting such a low goal.
Yup. An unwritten rule, then.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby ProfessionalTD » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Hello BlueSalamander.

Since according to your Kickstarter page the game is supposed to be available for the Baker after the end of the promotion (at least if I understood everything correctly), I wanted to ask which version/what graphic style will finally be available in the game? On Kickstarter the video shows the token style, while the picture on Instagram is more like a sprite style. Personally I like the Token style better, because it reminds me more of a tabletop version, but the tastes are different ;-)
ProfessionalTD
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby rpgguy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:44 pm

Are you starting this on march as planned?
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby fabgrass » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 pm

you-will-never-know AH! AH! AH! AH! (cavernous)
fabgrass
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby rpgguy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am

The PF Kickstarter is over, they raised more than 2mil dollars!

Won't be a better time...
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby feanor89 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 am

rpgguy wrote:The PF Kickstarter is over, they raised more than 2mil dollars!

Won't be a better time...

I concur, the hype for dnd-based pc games has never been so high, plus I'm stuck at home for the coronavirus outbreak and I need this game badly! :(
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby ProfessionalTD » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:48 am

Does anyone really believe in a release?
The developer hasn't reported here or on his Kickstarter page for how many days? One month? :-D
Furthermore, even backers who support the game within 24 hours after the launch on KS should only receive the game after the end of the 37-day KS campaign? Who should trust someone like that with his money? :?:
Supposedly the first module is already finished, but the developer can't find 5min to comment on the feedback on KS?
Yeah, sure... ;-) A waste of time.
Probably you support the Kickstarter campaign and hear nothing from the developer for weeks after the end (should it start at all, because there's no clear information about it).
ProfessionalTD
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby ChipPhoenix » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:10 am

Also been seeing Knights of the Chalice being recommended more than ever because of Baldur's Gate 3 discussions and DnD in videogames.
ChipPhoenix
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby entropysoda » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:29 pm

@BlueSalamander Any idea what date KotC2 will be on KS? Take our money already! :D
entropysoda
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:12 am

Hello all! First of all, my sincere apologies for not updating the forum in the last couple of months. I was just very busy mainly with financial matters and the preparation of more material for the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign. Also, I was kinda stunned by world events. Fortunately, they didn't affect me much. I hope it's the same for you.

I'll update the Kickstarter page in a short while and should be able to announce the KS dates with a video and mass email on Tuesday.

I've just updated the KotC 2 FAQ webpage. I've added the Kickstarter FAQ at the top. The FAQ contains all of the forms to be sent as part of the Kickstarter, if you're interested, please see how will helping you design the game work.

Since according to your Kickstarter page the game is supposed to be available for the Backer after the end of the promotion (at least if I understood everything correctly), I wanted to ask which version/what graphic style will finally be available in the game? On Kickstarter the video shows the token style, while the picture on Instagram is more like a sprite style. Personally I like the Token style better, because it reminds me more of a tabletop version, but the tastes are different
By default, the game will display tokens only. If you want, you can switch on the option to display the party using the KotC 1 sprites.

Are you starting this on march as planned?
To be announced very soon. :)

you-will-never-know AH! AH! AH! AH! (cavernous)
Ahaha, that reminds me of Gandalf blocking the Balrog, saying 'You cannot pass....I am a servant of the Secret Fire'

The PF Kickstarter is over, they raised more than 2mil dollars!
Amazing, isn't it. Also, Owlcat Games has said that they'll support the KotC 2 KS on their social media.

Probably you support the Kickstarter campaign and hear nothing from the developer for weeks after the end
Actually, there's a big difference between not updating the forum for a couple of months BEFORE the Kickstarter to get things done quicker, and not updating people AFTER the Kickstarter. Please have a little patience and don't worry guys, of course I'll provide regular updates after the KS.

Thank you for your patience everyone!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2