Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby SilentLion » Wed May 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Congratulations on getting funded, Pierre, and good luck for the rest of the campaign! :) Eagerly awaiting 2nd of July :)
SilentLion
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you so much Aequil, feanor89, getter77 and SilentLion!! :)

This is the 'funded' image:

And just now I saw that we've reached the first Stretch Goal! So I'm going to post this on the KS page and Twitter:

Thank you everyone! Keep Spreading the Good Word, Mighty Warriors and Cunning Mages!! :D
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Aequil » Fri May 29, 2020 7:11 pm

We’re so close to the gelatinous girl stretch goal, I can almost taste her.
... that came out wrong.
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Thank you Aequil! :D Watch out, she might taste you instead of the reverse!!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Aequil » Sat May 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Stretch goal reached! Now I can really taste her! And she... IEEE! It burns! My flesh! The smell, the sound... *YSSS*
(And now you know how she got her name...)
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat May 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Exactly, Aequil!! :D Hence also the expression 'It hurts so good'! :lol:
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 pm

Greetings to You, Fierce Warriors! Yesterday, I published the First KotC 2 Combat Video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter Campaign. This Surely Deserves a Post Here, Lest I Be Remiss! :)

[video]https://youtu.be/KN2nCvqlN48[/video]

And here is the Six-Minute Trailer for Knights of the Chalice 2:

[video]https://youtu.be/CqVWrotL6lE[/video]

Here's the link to the campaign's page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

I recently created a Discord Server for KotC 2. Here is the Invite Link: https://discord.gg/NzPhMWm

Main Features of Knights of the Chalice 2:

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells at heroicfantasygames.com). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list at heroicfantasygames.com).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learnt by a character.
Keep Spreading the Word while the Campaign is Live, Noble Heroes! That Ye May Be Rewarded Hundredfold! :D
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Today I published the KotC 2 Sprite Video featuring sprites from KotC 1 and I posted a new Kickstarter update.

A Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session is planned on Thursday 11 June from 9 am Eastern Time (3 pm Paris time) at r/Games, r/DnD, r/rpg_gamers and r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker. Feel free to join! Take care all! :)

Image Image
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:09 am

Greetings to You, Worthy Adventurers!

Yesterday, I published the Second KotC 2 Combat Video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter Campaign.

This Surely Deserves a Post Here, Lest I Be Remiss! :)

[video]https://youtu.be/SXj3XPi1xK4[/video]

We're very close to reaching the campaign's Fourth Stretch Goal!

The campaign will end in just 12 days, so let's Keep Spreading the Word!

Thank You, Loyal Knights! A Bold Warrior Fears Nothing! :D
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:08 pm

Greetings to You, Worthy Adventurers!

I recently published the Third KotC 2 Combat Video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter Campaign.

This Surely Deserves a Post Here, Lest I Be Remiss! :)

[video]https://youtu.be/1Ay0FC7b5io[/video]

The campaign will end in just 7 days, so please Keep Spreading the Word!

Thank You, Loyal Knights! A Bold Warrior Fears Nothing! :D
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2