Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby fabgrass » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:44 pm

They are speaking about KotC!..

https://www.realms-beyond.com/combat-ai/
fabgrass
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am

Hi all, I'm still working on the KotC 1 trailer for now, it's a tonne of work. The new patch for KotC 1 is done. However, since I'm still recording video sequences from KotC 1, I might still find a new bug. So it's better for me to upload the new version only once I've finished recording.

Darthcast wrote:Great trailer! I have to say, I did not expect the animated gameplay to look that good, way better in action than on screenshots. The spell effects look good too, I was wondering whether the different melee damage types are also visualized by different effects? It would be great to have different effects for damage types/weapons like swords, blunt etc
Thank you very much! Essentially, it's the same system as in KotC 1, so you have a different image for energy damage (fire/cold/acid/electricity/sonic), holy/unholy damage, axiomatic/anarchic damage, vampiric damage, ability damage, and normal damage (piercing/slashing/bludgeoning). The size of the image depends on the number of points of damage. The various damage types also come with different sound effects.

Would be great to have the possiblity to use animated sprites and to have a module look like similar like that example screenshots from Fantasy Grounds. The method with different file names also sounds easy to use.
I would like to implement that system. Sprites do have a lot of charm.

feanor89 wrote:Whenever you flank a creature that is immune to sneak attack damage, you still gain half of your sneak attack dice as bonus damage
Thank you for the suggestion! We'll see.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby itsdat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:30 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
Darthcast wrote:Great trailer! I have to say, I did not expect the animated gameplay to look that good, way better in action than on screenshots. The spell effects look good too, I was wondering whether the different melee damage types are also visualized by different effects? It would be great to have different effects for damage types/weapons like swords, blunt etc
Thank you very much! Essentially, it's the same system as in KotC 1, so you have a different image for energy damage (fire/cold/acid/electricity/sonic), holy/unholy damage, axiomatic/anarchic damage, vampiric damage, ability damage, and normal damage (piercing/slashing/bludgeoning). The size of the image depends on the number of points of damage. The various damage types also come with different sound effects.

Pierre, I just read your reply on the KS page regarding the effects. This means that we won't be able to add new spell effects [gfx & sounds] and "damage indicator" images? Just a note: Modding is what keeps games [& gaming communities] alive [..for example lot of modders like to focus on improving the gfx/sfx elements of a game.]
Last edited by itsdat on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby fabgrass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Another last-second question
Like my customers - I m soft developper too - I begin to have ideas when the job is done

Then, in kotc1 we see foes HPs and we can adjust last attacks to remainings;
it cound be different, with just a general indication of state (good, injured, bad, near death or I don t know)
fabgrass
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby galneon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 pm

fabgrass wrote:it cound be different, with just a general indication of state (good, injured, bad, near death or I don t know)

This is a good idea. I like when games allow for vague/relative health indicators like in the Infinity Engine games. In BG, for example, I also disable numeric HP display on the sidebar to make my party's health feel a bit more analog.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby feanor89 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:14 pm

The forum has been a little bit quiet this week, I hope everything's ok
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby itsdat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:51 pm

feanor89 wrote:The forum has been a little bit quiet this week, I hope everything's ok

Pierre always disappears for longer periods..[up to 7-10 days even]
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby feanor89 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 pm

itsdat wrote:
feanor89 wrote:The forum has been a little bit quiet this week, I hope everything's ok

Pierre always disappears for longer periods..[up to 7-10 days even]

I guess we can't just cast Scrying on him :mrgreen:
[Edit] Assuming he's a Chaotic Good Titan Outsider with a +21 will save, one must be at least a lv 5 Cleric with a +7 wisdom modifier just to hope to locate him :D
Last edited by feanor89 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby itsdat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:54 pm

:D Hopefully he will be more active later on. I mean it's so easy to check a site/forum nowadays [smartphone]. :)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby rpgguy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:01 pm

The Kickstarter is also silent with no new updates, hopefully it starts soon
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

PreviousNext