Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby SilentLion » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks for the updates, all looking good (needless to say, I am also very much looking forward to backing and playing KotC2 :) ).

You mentioned that one of the reasons for releasing KotC1 on Steam is to attract new players who could potentially become backers of KotC2. How much time are you planning to allow for that to happen before launching the campaign? I'm asking not out of impatience but out of curiosity regarding your strategy.
SilentLion
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 am

Hello SilentLion, thank you for your post.

Concerning the KS campaign launch date: The first thing for me is to finish the website update and then finish building the KS page. Once that's done, I'll set a KS launch date maybe three weeks ahead; I will also check and take into account the best days to start and end a campaign. That way, there will be enough time to spread the word about the launch date.

Concerning the Steam release: I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could please help spread the word about the 23 August Steam release on forums, news websites and social-networking sites! Let's give KotC 1 a good start on Steam! This is the last week and every little bit helps. It will help KotC 2 as well.

Thank you all! Best regards :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Pod » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Will existing owners get a free Steam key? That way I could leave you a positive review on Steam.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Quick update just to say that I've been focusing on KS preparation in the past week. That means I've been creating artwork, text, GIFs and thinking and writing about the stretch goals and reward tiers. I'm planning to do some more graphical work and talk some more with the artist, then I should be able to upload the KS page content soon. I'll post here when that's done.

Pod, regarding Steam keys, I think we've already covered the subject extensively there http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=791 and there https://steamcommunity.com/app/1083760/discussions/0/1639794651172667851/, hopefully I don't need to repeat the same stuff ad nauseam in this thread also. :|

Thank you all for reading, best regards!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dickie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:05 pm

So is the game still "finished" in the sense that we'll get it immediately after the Kickstarter ends, or are you going to go back and make changes to it to allow the sprites? I'm so ready to play this game. I hope it's as fun as the first one.
Dickie
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello Dickie,

You'll get it immediately after the KS ends, and it will be improved once the sprites are ready.

I did put the KS page content online: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

I will update the page when I get new content from the artist, or when I need to do some changes.

Sadly, I don't think I can make it this year. Probably going to be late January.

Reasons:
- I'm feeling really bad now because of terrible gum pain (right now I'm only surviving by swishing salt water... all of the time it seems)
- I have to take steps to avoid damaging fiscal consequences
- On top of that, I have to sort out a number of real-life issues.

Maybe I'll use some of the extra time to create the Mac version, prepare the text of KS updates, etc.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rpgguy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Sad to hear about you problems and the delay to 2020. But why did you update the KS page with estimated delivery to dec 2019? should probably change that to avoid giving people false hopes...

Good luck and feel well!
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby ChipPhoenix » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:43 pm

It might be nice to offer a $10 USD tier for KoTC1, and a $30 tier that's the same as $20 tier but you get KoTC1 as well. People may buy KOTC again for steam if its bundled with KoTC2.
ChipPhoenix
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you guys! I'm fine now. Correct, I have to change the estimated delivery dates. As for a reward tier specifically for KotC 1, I have to think about it some more, but maybe I can have a system of add-ons. So maybe you can pledge at any reward level, and by adding USD 10 or so, you'd get a KotC 1 Steam key. Add-ons work as explained in this page: https://support.peakdesign.com/hc/en-us/articles/211834203-How-to-Add-on-Items-to-your-Reward-Kickstarter-Pledge

Today I posted this on the KS page:

Hello all, here's a quick update: in the past couple of weeks I created the Mac OS version, so I'll be able to deliver both the Windows and Mac versions immediately after the end of the KS.

Hopefully, I can launch the KS in late January or early February. I know it's been delayed too many times and I sincerely apologise for that. Best regards & thank you for your interest everyone! :-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:29 pm

Hello, RPG lovers!

Apologies for the radio silence, mainly due to the fact that I'm in the process of moving again. In the past weeks, I added code for sprite handling and I imported into KotC 2 all of the sprites from KotC 1. New sprites can be added to the game very easily. Of course, we should get new high-resolution sprites after the Kickstarter, and ideally I'd like the sprites to display the correct weapons being held by each character.

Still, I figure it's not bad to also have the choice to use the KotC 1 sprites, and it allows me to take some pictures and make a video with animated sprites instead of tokens. There's a switch in the game options allowing you to select whether you want to see sprites or tokens. The character sheet now allows you to change your character's sprite and token at any time.

I also created an instagram account and posted a few pictures of the game with the KotC 1 sprites. There's a link to the instagram (@heroicfantasygames, http://www.instagram.com/HeroicFantasyGames) in the website's menu. I've just posted on Twitter too; feel free to have a look.

Finally, I've been collecting email addresses for the Kickstarter and preparing other small things like KS update texts.

I'm planning to prepare some more KS update texts and I expect to launch this KS in early February; will confirm the date in January. Also have to update the KS page with the new dates, updated dollar amounts and new info about the Mac OS version.

PS. The Steam version of KotC 1 is now on sale on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083760/Knights_of_the_Chalice/

Thank you for reading! Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for the New Year!! :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2