Selling steam keys on your own site

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby rogaldorn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 am

There has been a lot of discussion of the developer's cut in digitally distributed games lately, and I want to make sure you are aware that once KotC and KotC2 are available on steam you can sell steam keys yourself and keep everything after transaction fees.
Why bother when you've been distributing yourself? Exposure. Steam shows your friends what you've been playing, and playing a game you've never heard of a lot often turns heads. I have only recently taken an interest in KotC but will be buying it this weekend and again once it's on steam to support a niche developer after playing only a little of the demo before work. I hope you'll take my sugestion into consideration! If you end up doing it, ill make sure to tell my friends to buy it direct from you.
rogaldorn
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: Selling steam keys on your own site

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 am

Hello there, thank you for your post.

I might provide Steam keys directly if it is easy to do so. I'm not sure that it could be done automatically.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2