Battle of the Sands Videos

This is the place to talk about BotS, ask for help, report bugs and release maps.

Postby Demiath » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Just created a quick video which includes the title screen and the first campaign mission in Battle of the Sands.
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Advert

Re: Battle of the Sands Videos

Postby Demiath » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:34 pm

What happens when you combine RTS incompetence with OCD stubbornness? Well, it would look something like this... ;)
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Cool! Many thanks for posting the videos, Demiath!
Looks like the campaign picture is missing at the end of mission 1 (there's a blue rectangle instead?), I'll have to look into that.

[Edit] Can't see a problem on my end. Is the campaign pic missing when you complete a mission? or is that just a glitch of the video recording?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Oh, I think I see the issue. The campaign pic uses an absolute path, but it should be relative to the install directory. First fix coming up soon...
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Finishing the second mission, with 1 second (!) left on the clock...
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Right, I've uploaded a new version to fix the ugly blue screen at the end of missions (please let me know if it doesn't work).
Feel free to post more videos Demiath 8-)

[Edit] By the way, I think that the hotkey 'G' (for guarding) is very useful to make sure that all of your units actually attack.
You can use 'S' to stop them. Also, when moving in formation is troublesome, you can use Control + Click to let them move without a formation.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:37 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:[Edit] By the way, I think that the hotkey 'G' (for guarding) is very useful to make sure that all of your units actually attack.
You can use 'S' to stop them. Also, when moving in formation is troublesome, you can use Control + Click to let them move without a formation.

One of my many flaws as an RTS player is that I've never been much of a hotkey user. I tried G a few times but the result was a bit too...chaotic for my liking. Control+Click should be useful, though.
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Demiath » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Good to see you're not getting stuck on any mission.
Could you install version 1.008 please? It should replace the blue rectangle at the end of missions with a picture.
Also, sometimes we see small red squares in the video when you select units. Is that an artefact of video recording? or do you get that effect while playing?
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:14 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Good to see you're not getting stuck on any mission.
Could you install version 1.008 please? It should replace the blue rectangle at the end of missions with a picture.
Also, sometimes we see small red squares in the video when you select units. Is that an artefact of video recording? or do you get that effect while playing?

The Mission 3 video was recorded with 1.008 installed, so it seems that the update didn't fix the picture problem for me (or do I need to do a clean install or something?).
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Next

Return to About the Battle of the Sands RTS