Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby Rasputin » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:51 pm

At the big fight outside the fortress with the marilith:

The Evil Cultist Archers readied actions to shoot if one of my people cast a spell. One of my people cast a spell, and they took a full attack worth of shots at the spellcaster. Only problem is, you can only ready a standard action, not a full-round action, which means they should only get 1 shot against the spellcaster.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby Rasputin » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Interestingly enough: still Rapid Shot: not getting all the shots that I should. Every now and then I notice the shot counter will increment to the next-to-last shot and then I don't get the last one. So if I should normally get 5 shots with rapid shot, it gets to 4/5 and then ends my turn. Seems to only happen on a miss but I may be wrong.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby tdunaj » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:44 am

So the game is unplayable after upgrading to 1.02. I am in the furnace, after loading and taking three steps the game freezes. This was working in 1.01, is there a way to roll back to 1.01?

It appears to freeze only when walking into the central section of the furnace. I started in the west section, where the chest is and as long as walk around there it works fine. It is only when I want to walk across to where the salamander is when the freezing occurs.

There should be a way to share a save file, so that Pierre could load it and debug.

I was hoping to get some game time tonight :(
tdunaj
Chimera (CR 7)

Postby Rasputin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:12 am

Anyone else freezing with 1.02? I downloaded it but I am not sure yet if I should install it.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby tdunaj » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:52 am

Rasputin wrote:Anyone else freezing with 1.02? I downloaded it but I am not sure yet if I should install it.

I kept the 1.01 installer from last week and was able to revert and 1.01 seems to be working. Perhaps you can try that.
tdunaj
Chimera (CR 7)

Postby tdunaj » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:13 pm

tdunaj wrote:So the game is unplayable after upgrading to 1.02. I am in the furnace, after loading and taking three steps the game freezes. This was working in 1.01, is there a way to roll back to 1.01?

It appears to freeze only when walking into the central section of the furnace. I started in the west section, where the chest is and as long as walk around there it works fine. It is only when I want to walk across to where the salamander is when the freezing occurs.

There should be a way to share a save file, so that Pierre could load it and debug.

I reverted to 1.01, finished the moon crypt and tried again 1.02 and it seems to be working fine now.
tdunaj
Chimera (CR 7)

Postby Stormhammer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Stormhammer wrote:
ianjlafferty wrote:The game becomes unresponsive after loading the module. This prevents me from creating a character or selecting premade characters to form a party.

I have the same issue

Game still freezes after loading the module on all versions.
Stormhammer
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Postby jms123 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:34 pm

Not sure if it is just how the combat log is worded, but I tripped somebody who was balancing, succeeded on the touch attack, then it said "Balancing target: automatic success. Trip fails." Doesn't make sense.

Edit: I think the target was actually tripped, so I think it was just an error in the combat log wording, not the outcome.
Last edited by jms123 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jms123
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Rasputin » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:49 am

After the big main fight in the castle with the red dragon, I headed north. I saw a door which, when I opened it, lead to a small room with some generic enemies and a commander. Upon vanquishing him, I explored the room. There is a chest in the right side of the room. You cannot select it (it says "obstructed" in the mouseover). Not sure that was intended.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:02 am

The arrow keys don't seem to allow me to scroll the screen left when I am in a battle at the top left corner of the map and the combat menu is being displayed... it works to use the mouse but not the arrows. The combat menu can obscure some of the combatants if not scrolled.

Edit: In general the arrows cannot scroll past a certain point where using the mouse can. It only really matters when the combat menu is displayed if you need to scroll past it because combat is occurring next to the one or more map edges. Also, if I use the mouse to scroll past the edge of the screen, then I hit the arrow in the same direction while the view is still in that spot, it jumps back to where the limit of arrow-scrolling normally stops.
jms123
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG