Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby bluehinter » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 am

New bug on V1.06. Attempting to learn a spell from inside a chest crashes the game.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby feanor89 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:06 am

new bug in 1.06: outside the castle it CTDs when combat starts
[edit: it CTDs when combat starts in every save I have, even after I re-installed 1.05]
Last edited by feanor89 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Yankee » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:26 pm

A 100% consistent game freeze bug when a counterspell action is triggered for these green goblins
Yankee
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 am

Ran into another very specific CTD bug in v1.06.

The game immediately crashed when my Level 20 Storm Warrior attempts to learn Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (Druid) as her first of two new spells on level-up. This happens multiple times in a row, so it's not just a random occurrence. However, it only happens when this spell is learned first, and I suspect has to do with it being the only spell left on that page. If I learn a level 6 spell first, and then return to the level 7 page to learn Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (Druid), I can learn it just fine.

I'm assuming the crash is an exception error that occurs because the game wants to redirect you to the highest level spell page that still has unlearned spells on it. But because the level 7 spell pages has no spells left to learn, and I can't yet access the level 8 page because of my level, it gets confused and crashes.

bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Yankee » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:26 am

A minor combat system bug: a stunned character can still perform ready vs. spell actions.
Yankee
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Thank you everyone! Awesome, this will be helpful for the upcoming version 1.08.

a stunned character can still perform ready vs. spell actions.
Will check it out, thanks.

The game immediately crashed when my Level 20 Storm Warrior attempts to learn Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (Druid) as her first of two new spells on level-up. This happens multiple times in a row, so it's not just a random occurrence. However, it only happens when this spell is learned first, and I suspect has to do with it being the only spell left on that page. If I learn a level 6 spell first, and then return to the level 7 page to learn Mass Cure Moderate Wounds (Druid), I can learn it just fine. I'm assuming the crash is an exception error that occurs because the game wants to redirect you to the highest level spell page that still has unlearned spells on it. But because the level 7 spell pages has no spells left to learn, and I can't yet access the level 8 page because of my level, it gets confused and crashes.
Oh I see. Thank you, will check it out.

A 100% consistent game freeze bug when a counterspell action is triggered for these green goblins
Thank you, will check it out. From the pic, looks like it's ready vs spell (not counterspell).

new bug in 1.06: outside the castle it CTDs when combat starts [edit: it CTDs when combat starts in every save I have, even after I re-installed 1.05]
Thanks, I will do some more tests; do you mean the castle gate battle, and does the problem still exist in version 1.07, please?

New bug on V1.06. Attempting to learn a spell from inside a chest crashes the game.
Cheers, I will fix that in v 1.08.

Is there any bug logs console available?
No, there's no such thing.

There is a bug that freaks me out, since it occurs every time when I start winning this battle.
Steps: the grey vs. green goblins fights, sided with grey.
- a big Frog is blocked by some shitty hazardous terrain around it, e.g. web or grease or quicksand
- it has nowhere to step, its turn comes and it is (Thinking) about an action choice
- the game crashes consistently, in 100% of cases
- the same also occurred with the big $#!@ chest mime
Thank you, I will try to reproduce the bug in a small battle and fix it.

Enchanting seems to be broken in my game. I can craft gear fine, but every time I drag it to be enchanted, I am informed that it can't be enchanted. Tried with MW weapons, MW armor, mithril armor, and adamantium weapons.
Yes it's true, it's broken in 1.06 and 1.07 (fixed in upcoming 1.08). Apologies! BTW if anyone experience some serious bug like this, please feel free to drop me an email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com, to make me aware of it as soon as possible.

Also, at last level up my cleric picked up the last available 9th level spell. Having no more spells to choose from always cause me a ctd.
Thanks, will definitely check it out soon.

Not sure if a bug or intended. There are two [Healing] checks options in this dialog, but the Bishop's Healing mastery feat OR the Healing domain do not work.
Thank you, I will make sure that you receive the Healing skill when you take the Healing domain or Healing Mastery feat. Normally it's a class skill.

Hey Pierre, can u confirm that fast enhance feat for Mage Knight is bugged? Thanks bro!
Thank you serch, I will check it out. :-) Thank you for the kind words.

A web cast by an enemy elemental: stays active for several rounds after it expires and disappears
ActB: the web was active for something like 5 rounds, then it disappeared, but its effect remained in place.
ExpB: the web should disappear as soon as it expires
Not sure if this was fixed already, but I will check it out. Cheers :-)

there is a bug w/ using the waterbreathing flask: you use the flask and don't get the effect.
Thank you, I will check it out.

This seems to be getting worse. Now probably every minute or so (again, never in combat). A shame, as I am really enjoying the rest of 1.05.
Sound like this may have something to do with the OpenAL file. Please let me know if it's the same with version 1.07? Also please try swapping the OpenAL32.dll file which is found in the game's folder; there are extra OpenAL versions in the folder called OpenAL, within the game folder.

after defeating the Black Dragon and saving the Blue Guards in the sewers, you automatically teleport to the very center of the fire pool.
Will check it out. Cheers!

If I enchant something with Vitality III and Energy(any) Resistance III, when equipping the item the HP bonus from vitality gets applied twice and the description when clicking on the HP to see how it is computed has a weird string in both rows that add the 30HP
Some items when equipped do not reflect in the resistances under the inventory screen. For example, if I equip a Ring of Fire resistance it shows "50%" under Fire there, but if I equip a Ring of Electricity Resistance it does not show the "50%" under "Shock". The electricity resistance does show up under effects so I think it is working in the actual combat calculations
As mentioned elsewhere the red wizard transformation innate fire resistance doesn't work. In fact, one time I think I saw it working as a 50% penalty, which should apply to sonic not fire, other times I've seen it just not say anything about it in the combat log. Edit: The plus 50% was the elemental form of the caster, so that explains that part, but the lack of 50% resistance for a transformed character is still a problem.
Sometimes multiple resistance types for the same element do not display properly under the energy type in the inventory screen. For example, a Ring of Energy Containment plus a "Red" armor enchantment tries to write a long string under the "Fire" at the bottom of the inventory screen that doesn't fit into the white textbox and is not fully readable. It is including the words "Fire Resistance" in there, but there is only space for a few characters. I guess it is supposed to be "10/50%" or something along those lines when there is a combo of percentage plus damage reduction.
Thanks, I will check out all of these.

I will read pages 1 to 14 of this thread later on, though hopefully most bugs from versions earlier than 1.05 have been fixed, if not, please drop me an email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com. Cheers :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby feanor89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:15 pm

new bug in 1.06: outside the castle it CTDs when combat starts [edit: it CTDs when combat starts in every save I have, even after I re-installed 1.05]
Thanks, I will do some more tests; do you mean the castle gate battle, and does the problem still exist in version 1.07, please?

Yes it does, the game just crushes when combat starts with every save generated with version 1.05 and, oddly, it crashes even if I reinstall that version.
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello feanor89, could you please send one of the saved games to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com? That way it will be much easier for me to fix. Thank you!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby feanor89 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Thank you BlueSalamander, I just sent you the email with the saves
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby zoolian11 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Feats are showing up as optional when they are already taken. The ones I've noticed have all been monk. Improved arrow catching, among others.
zoolian11
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG