[BUGS] Spells

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

[BUGS] Spells

Postby SilentLion » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:46 am

Hi, I cast the Druid spell Animal Trance, my main target was a summoned crocodile but the goblin Storm Warrior named Quazan was also in the AOE and was affected (Fascinated). I guess this is a bug unless goblins are considered animals/beasts? Version 1.02.
SilentLion
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

[BUGS] Spells

Advert

Re: [BUGS] Spells

Postby jms123 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Maybe more of a description problem than a bug, but the description for gust of wind only talks about creature size when discussing the damage taken. It also says things like "all creatures are knocked prone". It could be interpreted as saying that all creatures are knocked prone but only certain sizes take damage. I think it needs to be worded more clearly that only small, medium and large creatures are effected by any of the spell's effects.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Atoch » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm

The psionic spell "biofeedback" doesn't reduce any weapon damage.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby bluehinter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 am

Protection from Arrows (Wizard) says the caster gains Damage Reduction 5 / Melee weapons. (which I'm guessing is a typo, and they mean ranged weapons)
The spell says it's range Personal and duration is Until Rest, but unlike other Until Rest armor spells, this one can't be pre-cast outside of combat. So that's either also a typo, or the spell in incorrectly categorized as a combat-only spell.

Even when the spell Mute is learned, it never appears in the list of level 2 Spells you can cast from.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby martinluther » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:13 pm

bluehinter wrote:Protection from Arrows (Wizard) says the caster gains Damage Reduction 5 / Melee weapons. (which I'm guessing is a typo, and they mean ranged weapons)
The spell says it's range Personal and duration is Until Rest, but unlike other Until Rest armor spells, this one can't be pre-cast outside of combat. So that's either also a typo, or the spell in incorrectly categorized as a combat-only spell.

Even when the spell Mute is learned, it never appears in the list of level 2 Spells you can cast from.

Damage Reduction X / A means X points is mitigated unless from A, so the description is right. No comment on the implementation.
martinluther
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby bluehinter » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am

The Dominate spell does not go away once the player/monster who did the dominating is dead.

This has become extremely annoying during boss fights. I've gotten Xadriphar down to 1HP, and then he suddenly turns around and dominates 3 of my 9 party members. I kill him on the next turn, but because they're still dominated for 8 turns (and include the only two players with the raise dead ability) I'm totally screwed and have to go back to an earlier save game, because they can massacre everyone else, but I can't kill them.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:30 pm

I cast the Druid spell Animal Trance, my main target was a summoned crocodile but the goblin Storm Warrior named Quazan was also in the AOE and was affected (Fascinated)
Not sure if that was fixed already, will check it out. Goblins are humanoid targets.

the description for gust of wind only talks about creature size when discussing the damage taken
I will change it to 'all affected creatures'.

The psionic spell "biofeedback" doesn't reduce any weapon damage.
Probably fixed already but I will check it out.

Protection from Arrows (Wizard) says the caster gains Damage Reduction 5 / Melee weapons. (which I'm guessing is a typo, and they mean ranged weapons)
The spell says it's range Personal and duration is Until Rest, but unlike other Until Rest armor spells, this one can't be pre-cast outside of combat.
Yup, just checked, it can't be pre-cast out of combat, I will fix it soon. Mute does appear in the level-2 spell list.

The Dominate spell does not go away once the player/monster who did the dominating is dead.
Normal behaviour.

Thank you everyone! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG