CTDs

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: CTDs

Postby Prima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but hwat does CTD stand for? Google gave me close to 100 different answers, so I am not really sure
Prima
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby jms123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Prima wrote:Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but hwat does CTD stand for? Google gave me close to 100 different answers, so I am not really sure

Crash to Desktop
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:49 am

I can confirm that I'm still getting CTDs from enemies casting spells on the latest version 1.04.
Made it through almost two whole fights without any issues, but then the black dragon on the lower left castle wall started Thinking and... back to desktop. :(
Fighting the wizards on the ramparts... crashes in just a couple of rounds (it seems to be whatever spell they try to cast after accelerate.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 am

As of 1.05 I don't seem to be getting CTD's from enemies casting spells.... but I did get a CTD after one of them cast Baleful Polymorph on my wizard character, and that character tried to select Ranged Attack as an option. I thought it was too good to be true that a frog would somehow still be able to fire a great bow. :lol:
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby karianna » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:58 pm

1.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.15.6 - I'm getting constant CTD's in the Goblin Corridor ambush, maybe around them casting curing spells?
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby bluehinter » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:14 am

Got a rather unusual crash during the castle assault using 1.05 on Windows 10.

One of the enemy psychics ran partway up a staircase and started Thinking.... which went on forever. Then the game went to a greyed out version of the intro screen and stopped responding. I had to Task Manager my way out.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Pierre mentioned DarkSun as an inspiration (AD&D Psionic heavy setting). Am running a party with Rikus, Sadira and Nok - from a DarkSun novel Prism Pentad
Yup, I've read these books, loved the main characters and Tithian and Kalak :D

I did get a CTD after one of them cast Baleful Polymorph on my wizard character, and that character tried to select Ranged Attack as an option. I thought it was too good to be true that a frog would somehow still be able to fire a great bow.
Will check it out, thank you.

In version 1.11 there are some CTDs when casting a spell that kills the caster, I've fixed that for version 1.12. If you find any more CTDs please let me know. Thank you everyone! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG