BlueHinter's Extra Sprites and Tokens (download here)

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby bluehinter » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:07 am

I've found that it's relatively easy to import your own Tokens and sprites just by uploading PNG files of the appropriate dimensions/naming conventions into the G:\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Tokens and Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Sprites directories, so I've made some of my own.

You can download the zip file containing everything I've made here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1caFIZ6JxjpvKl1TPLKaRQrEFMD-aia2v
Updated with new tokens 8/24/2020

Please don't use these commercially for anything. The token images are lifted from various cheesy sword and sorcery movies (and MST3K episodes) and the sprites are heavily modified NES game sprites that I mucked about with until they looked vaguely Pierre's original KOTC1 sprites.

I did my best to create at least one token for every class and one sprite race in the game, but understandably some were easier to come by than others. If you like Barbarians, today is your lucky day.

For the sprites, I've added:
4 Colors of Drake
2 Colors of Centaur
2 Colors of Half-Giant
2 Colors of Halfling
4 Colors of Kobold
3 Colors of Half-Salamander
and a pallet-shifted Green Mantis.

These are the only ones I intend to do, and I made them for my own amusement/characters in the game, so please don't ask me to make any more. I'm sure down the road we will be getting more official game tokens/sprites, and there's no guarantee Pierre won't have to change things down the road, so I'm not going to put too much effort into anything that could be rendered redundant.
Last edited by bluehinter on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: BlueHinter's Extra Sprites and Tokens (download here)

Postby bluehinter » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:18 am

Just updated the zip file above with a couple of sprite option for half-giants and halflings (Just the same sprite, reduced 60%)
Now there's a sprite for every race (sort of) as long as you lump Drakes, Kobolds, and Half-Salamanders together.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am

I've updated the zip file with new sprites for Kobolds and Half-Salamanders. (Though since they're all just vaguely lizard people, you can use them interchangably as you see fit.)
There are now stand-in sprites for each of the playable races, although noting specific for Elves. I might do one or two more if I get the urge to add something to my own game, but I'm afraid this is primarily a tile set, and it's up to Pierre to get somebody professional in to complete the rest of the game animation.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am

I just added part I of a fairly major expansion to my token collection above, mainly for those folks who might be working on Adventure Module creation.

There are a few miscellaneous new sprites thrown in there as well, but this particular update adds two new groups of tokens, one for Guards (which currently includes about 30 figures in steel and chain mail armor, and 6 crossbowmen) and one for Townfolk, which includes 86 new sprites consisting of a wide array of NPCs one might meet throughout the course of a D&D style village.

I will probably expand upon this collection further once I actually get around to making a module myself, but for now the set includes male and female villagers of various social classes, the obligatory bar patrons, innkeepers, a barmaid, some couriers (including one shot with an arrow), several nuns, an abbot, friar and magistrate, a traveling peddler, the village idiot, and one goat. There are also some lords and ladies, with some of the lords having alternate a, b, c, and d, tiles with changing expressions from friendly to megalomaniac, since (as any good DM will tell you) if anybody is going to turn out to be secretly evil, it's the guy who hired you for your first mission. And I threw in three mysterious Hooded Figures (always a D&D staple) and 6 Rangers (because the majority of these tiles came from a Robin Hood movie.)

If anybody is actively working on a module and wants to request something specific for their story that's fairly easy to capture from sword and sorcery movies (i.e. don't ask me to whip up an entire Kobold village, or other D&D monsters), let me know and I may be able to help you out... time permitting. I do plan on adding a few more merchants, blacksmiths, armor smiths, fletchers, apothecaries, and other people that you are likely to need to buy things from and/or run quests for in Part II, plus hopefully some other D&D staples including farmers, miners, serfs, prisoners, cultists, and various "disposable muscle" thug villains suitable for early level campaigns where you're mainly fighting non-magic users.

bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby joedavidson02 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:44 am

Great work!
joedavidson02
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation