Demo v1.36, Full v1.36

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Demo v1.27, Full v1.27

Postby Luminon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello Luminon,

The important thing is: do you have in your C:\Windows\System32\ folder a file called d3dx9_35.dll ? As far as I know, installing DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 adds this file to your folder.
If you don't have it, the game won't work, so it's no use allowing to install. Please let me know if it's there.

Thanks for info. It's true, I didn't have d3dx9_35.dll. Thanks to my laziness I only downloaded the file from somewhere, (and checked it with antivirus) not 100 megs of a whole new DirectX. And now the new demo works.
Luminon
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Advert

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 am

I played the game in ironman mode. I arrived at Taneliz and saved & quit. Then I thought, hey, maybe I should take a screenshot. So I loaded my save, made a screenshot and quit the game. (without saving, duh!) Of course the savegame was deleted. Maybe you should add a messagebox or something BlueSalamander, so that when you quit the game without saving (in ironman mode) you get asked: Are you sure to quit without saving first? etc. Or even better, when you quit the game in ironman mode without having saved first, the game creates a save automatically. Btw what happens if the game crashes? Is your savegame lost as well?
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Phenig » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:51 pm

VentilatorOfDoom wrote: Btw what happens if the game crashes? Is your savegame lost as well?

You lose your game. This has happened to me a couple times playing in Ironman mode, due to a bug with loading random encounters on the overland map. I've disabled overland encounters to prevent it from happening, but it's still a major problem with how Ironman is currently implemented.

It might be better to implement it so that you don't delete the old save game until you enter the save menu to save again, rather than deleting it the moment you load a game. Then you could add a feature that automatically saves every time you exit, taking away the possibility of accidentally forgetting.

Of course, then you'd have the same system as the old Gold Box games, which could be circumvented by "accidentally" crashing your computer (or turning it off) in the middle of a losing battle! I can't think of any way for the game to distinguish accidental crashes from intentional crashes, alas.
Phenig
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:05 am

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:when you quit the game in ironman mode without having saved first, the game creates a save automatically.
Good idea. Too bad about your Ironman game.

a bug with loading random encounters on the overland map.
In version 1.27? Anyone else experienced this?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Kensh_O » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm experiencing a bug where my party automatically walks to the furthest bottom left corner they can reach. It went away for a bit after I re-downloaded everything and re-installed it but it's back again. Is anyone else having similar problems and does anyone know how I can fix them?
Kensh_O
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Re: Demo v1.28, Full v1.28

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi! The new version is available for download. See http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78#p736 for details. Enjoy!

While fixing the bugs I played through the demo once, with Max HP at level ups. I had to reload two times. Once against the wizard Sozarus because I tried the battle without me surprising them, for a challenge; and once against the trolls at the end of the demo.
The battle with the Lich was very interesting... Stenna used the electric sword. I crafted Galaad's weapon into flaming and disrupting. The cleric used the +2 disrupting shillelagh. The wizard crafted a fireball wand for himself. Soon after the start of the battle he cast Stoneskin on self.
The cleric was low on spells as he had forgotten to pick Craft Wand and had to heal everyone after the 1st battle. He ended up dying in the battle with the lich. The others survived with a combination of disruption, fireballs and wall of fire.

Now I'm thinking of playing the full game with all 18 scores, full HP at level up, 2 clerics, a knight and a wizard with a unique purpose - to be able to beat the last battle at the Keep without having to reload 50 times. :D
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am

I've found another problem with the dialogue of the Thri-Kreen's priest so please don't drink from the Thri-Kreen's pool until another version is released. It messes up the dialogue with the witch in Corinth so that she won't help getting in the orc fort.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Sitra Achara » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Neat, thanks for supporting the game for so long. How's KotC2 coming along?

Also, your patching 2 years+ after release makes me wonder - how is the sales tail for this game?
Sitra Achara
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:02 pm

KotC2 is a huge project and is coming along slowly. Although KotC is still generating some sales, I'm patching it just for the sake of having a game without bugs.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Void1984 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 pm

How can I get the update (from 1.27)?
Void1984
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG