Battle of the Sands Videos

This is the place to talk about BotS, ask for help, report bugs and release maps.

Re: Battle of the Sands Videos

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 am

it seems that the update didn't fix the picture problem for me (or do I need to do a clean install or something?)

O.k., I'll have to look into it. You shouldn't have to do a clean install.
What if you click Start Campaign and select main campaign, does a picture get displayed?

Never mind about the red square issue, I've just noticed it happens on Firefox and not on Chrome so it's a browser video-playback issue on my end.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Demiath » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:00 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:
What if you click Start Campaign and select main campaign, does a picture get displayed?

Yes, I now see pictures when I select Tutorial and Start Campaign from the main menu.
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:50 am

Right, thanks. The path to the picture gets saved in the game save. That's why it's not displaying when you play a saved game from before the update. No big deal.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm

It didn't take me particularly long to figure out how I wanted to deal with Mission 4, but actually implementing my strategy successfully took ages - as evidenced by the lengthy "Fast Forward Fail" (TM) section of the embedded video. Despite some fairly rigorous trial-and-error/experimentation I never got a clear sense of the trade-off between paying for additional Silos at any given point on the one hand and letting the resources add up at a slower but steadier rate on the other. However, watching the enemy AIs wage war against each other - not to mention tricking one enemy into attacking another (which was something I relied on heavily) was a lot of fun in this mission...
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:13 pm

You've become very good, congrats.
You're right, in this mission, there's no point building a huge army, it will only attract enemies and get destroyed.
I just develop my base in the top-left side of the island, build some extra units then stop production and let money accumulate with 4 or 5 silos.
Then some enemy usually comes along and starts attacking me, but it soon finds another target to fight with. :D
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:30 am

It's National Day here in Sweden today so I had some more time to play Battle of the Sands. Hopefully my videos from now on will be full 1920*1080 and not the windowed mode (which wasn't well-suited for the widescreen tyranny that is YouTube). Oh, and I was somewhat relieved to discover that there was at least one unexpectedly easy mission in this game... ;)
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Demiath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Demiath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm

The middle of the campaign featured a few surprisingly easy missions, even though there was still a sense that things could go horribly wrong if I let my guard down for even a second...
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Demiath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands