Darksun shattered lands

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Re: Darksun shattered lands

Postby Doctor Sbaitso » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 pm

We shall see. I thought those "elders" looked rather evil.
Doctor Sbaitso
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby Doctor Sbaitso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 am

Well I made it out of Dagolar's domain by the skin of my teeth. I think I reloaded that battle at least a dozen times!

If not for the fortuitous discovery of items placed in Dagolar's chambers (yes, I sent someone to get them during combat!), his minions would have been the end of me. I had to sacrifice a warrior to kite them away a bit, allowing a cleric two magic users to get into the northern hallway, pulling & dealing with one minion at at time. Luckily the warrior was not killed! Very tight indeed.

This game is a real treat. It took me a little to get over the interface but I am glad I stuck with it. I can see where improvements were made in KoTC, but the same magic is in both. Fantastic!
Doctor Sbaitso
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Tiavals » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 am

I told you it was hard. :D

Darksun really is a great game. It's kinda weird they never made anything like it after the second game(Unless you count Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, which is quite a bit different). Too bad the second game is so full of game breaking bugs that I've never, ever made it through, despite playing it a dozen times.
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Doctor Sbaitso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Ah, I was wondering about the second game. Nobody seems to mention it much :D
Doctor Sbaitso
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Benshums » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 am

I'm going to play this game on Roll20.net with 3 other people, each person allowed to control one character. I'm going to use ScreenHero so that everyone has a mouse, and we can all see the same screen and hear the same audio. The game will start in a few days.

Thanks for all of the information on whats OP. I will use it! :D

Since this is my first play-through, I'll only allow characters to multi-class twice, but not three times.

Any tips on what's a good difficulty level for beginning players? I'll probably just start out with the default...

I'm also curious if it's possible to play through the game with a single character (without any of the OP stuff), on the hardest difficulty. Has anyone has done this yet? Most tactical games allow you to do this if you're a kickass player, however the level cap in Dark Sun might make it impossible. Thoughts? What's the hardest but doable single character challenge?
Benshums
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby Waterd103 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:24 am

I never tried. I think most RPG allow you to solo run, but if you abuse everthing that's op in that game. I think this game is no exception. I think you can solo with a characteter that focus on mass domination. Other than that..I do not think it's possible
Waterd103
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films