KotC 2 Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KotC 2 Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Hello VoD, thank you for the great links. I apologise for not having released any update in such a long time.

In the last few weeks, I've done massive amounts of work on KotC 2 code and design.

I think I will have a chunky update ready for release by next week-end.

In terms of the code: charge attack, full attack, attack of opportunity and five-foot steps are done.

And in terms of design, I wanted to talk about new subraces, new classes and new class features. So please be patient :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Tiavals » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Subraces? Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Here is the new chunky update :D

Open to all, this time. No viewing restrictions!

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=656

The previous update has also been made public:

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=649

Enjoy and feel free to comment!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby deathknight1728 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 pm

God, this game is going to be beast!

I would hope this game is released in 2015 but I am still glad if it gets released at all :mrgreen:

Its good to know that someone is still making games based on d &d that truly rock.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby screeg » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:55 pm

All right, when you say something for the ninth time you can officially be branded a nag, annoyance and nuisance, but...

If you could get KotC up on Steam in advance of KotC2 it would both boost your revenue from the first game and generate an exponentially larger audience for the sequel. There are real turn-based strategy games (basically the only kind I play) being published on Steam these days, KotC would absolutely kill (you'd have 20 good reviews from players like myself on the first day), though I would probably suggest a lower price point than $20.
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Aside from that, I would at least easily recommend your looking into getting KotC and whatnot on the ascending relative newcomer on the scene, especially after the recent disastrously pathetic bankruptcy implosion of Desura, that goes by http://itch.io/

You can do what you want on the price alongside pretty much every other metric and attribute---I believe you can even determine what the cut between yourself and them amounts to. They are very much in the stage of trying to improve and be welcoming to all sorts as opposed to resting on their laurels or getting terribly enamored with playing at Gatekeeper.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Jack Dandy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Say, I can kinda get into the whole boardgame aesthetic you have going on with KOTC2.

Can you allow players to import their own portraits for the tokens, tho?
Jack Dandy
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello Jack, yes, it will be easy for players to use their own images as tokens for player characters or monsters. Cheers!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Here is another very big update about Knights of the Chalice 2 for the buyers of KotC 1:

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=664

I'm also attaching a couple of screenshots for everyone else (click to enlarge):

Image Image

Enjoy and feel free to comment!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby screeg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:39 pm

Hey Pierre! Looks like the character art is much improved. Some of the creatures before were hit-and-miss. Interface is also much much improved.

Couple of suggestions: black border around white text is a bit thick. Green bar behind "character creation" is too saturated and/or bright. I also might not go with a gradient there. Character icons are too small, hard to "read". Maybe this screenshot has been shrunk down though? I've said before you're losing a ton of space using round tiles instead of square ones.

Overall, big improvements!
-----
screeg
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2