Please help, I'm stuck after clearing Taneliz

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Novograd » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:42 am

Hi all, the game is WONDERFUL but I think I'm really stuck now. I followed the main route of the quests, after clearing Taneliz the story leads me to the Hill Giants fortress (after reaching Torbury and killing those giants there) but I cannot enter the dungeon because of the force field. Cassam tells me that I have to finish my quests before entering the fortress, so here's the complete list of my pending quests

Of course I cleared the cave complex (but the quest still is pending), cleared the Orc Stockade (and still that quest pending) and cleared Taneliz (yeah, again quest pending); excluding the Chalice quest (that I suppose will be the final storyline), even the Slaver Lords storyline seems stuck.

Please help me, I did again every dungeon searching for some loot that I did not take the first time but nothing at all. I've done a search and it seems that I have to bring a letter to Shania at the Keep but even after beating the second spawn (the salamander along with four earth elementals) she says "I have to study now, farewell", and in my inventory now I have a voucher of 2000 gold (where I can take this money?) and a golden key from the Book of Romance (it worked for that underground passage but still that key is in my inventory, undestructible).

I saved another file and tried exploring the map, but the only place I can explore is the tower at the very east of the map, I managed to survive until the air elementals ambush and gave up because it's a impossible challenge (I believe I could break it by using slaying arrows but it seems a little bit metagaming to me).

Please tell me I'm not forced to start the game from scratch...

INFO: my game versione is 1.32
Last edited by Novograd on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novograd
Griffon (CR 4)

Advert

Re: Please help, I'm stuck after clearing Taneliz

Postby Novograd » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:03 pm

33 views and zero replies, good

anyway I find it out, I leave the solution to some other player who will find himself in the same situation

I was missing the secret door in the underground passage in Taneliz, where you find a still Gorgon; just walk along the east wall and there you are

SPOILER: get ready to fight the Gorgon after discovering the secret door

the other quests will end later, although I'm at the final battle and still the first Cave quest is open
Novograd
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello Novograd, welcome! Sorry about the delayed response. I'm glad you were able to move forward in the game anyway. The quest that remained for you was to defeat the Slaver Lords. Please ignore the 'pending' status of the other quests. For the cave-complex quest and the Orc-Stockade quest, it looks like I will have to check the scripts to make sure that those quests get marked as completed, thanks.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Novograd » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello Novograd, welcome! Sorry about the delayed response. I'm glad you were able to move forward in the game anyway. The quest that remained for you was to defeat the Slaver Lords. Please ignore the 'pending' status of the other quests. For the cave-complex quest and the Orc-Stockade quest, it looks like I will have to check the scripts to make sure that those quests get marked as completed, thanks.

No problem ;) The game is really beautiful, I saw you're working on the sequel and I believe that keeping this system with a major work on the free-roaming of the map could be the best direction in develop progress. Good work!
Novograd
Griffon (CR 4)

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG