Low Magic Age coming to Early Access

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby getter77 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Definitely the first surprise of 2017 on a few levels. :shock: Hopefully the core Chinese dev goes well and the English release in turn...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/

Low Magic Age is a fantasy RPG that focused on turn-based, party-based tactical combat. The most unique feature of the combat system is various kinds of strategy elements, such as war fog, field of view, ZOC (zone of control), cover and flanking, etc.

The combat system of Low Magic Age is based upon the Open Game Licence 3.5 (OGL), the set of rules at the root of the famous pen-and-paper role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons v3.5, made by Wizards of the Coast.

In order to apply a set of rules designed for a pen-and-paper game to a computer game, many rules in the open game content had been adjusted or improved.

Normally, you'll create and customize a small party of 4~6 characters: choosing from seven races, three basic classes and ten class variants, dozens of feats and spells. And then fight with all kinds of monsters!
Features:

Inherited from classic game rules: Evolved from historic pen-and-paper game rules, plus well designed information display UI, clear prompt of hit percent and damage range, help players to learn and immerse in the fantasy world. The innovative combat system, flanking, charging, full-attack, etc., various circumstance bonuses bring more meaningful tactics selections.

Classical fantasy monsters: 7 categories, 100+ classical fantasy monsters. Goblins, trolls, giant ants, basilisks and much much more. Different monsters need different strategies and tactics to defeat.

Tons of equipment and wondrous items: 60+ common items, 90+ wondrous items, 80+ enchantments. Slashing, piercing and bludgeoning, different weapons against different monsters. Gloves of Dexterity, Counterstrike Bracers, Ring of Regeneration, Belt of Magnificence, Cloak of Thorns, Elemental Gem, collecting powerful magical artifacts to create the hero character in your mind.

Well designed skills and spells: Fighters own a variety of martial arts movements, not only basic attacks. All of the arcane spells and divine spells of caster classes are greatly improved, too.

About graphics similarity with another game ToME4:
We purchased and used a tileset of monsters/items from the Norwegian artist Raymond E. Gaustadnes (Shockbolt). He made another tileset for ToME4. So, both tilesets share the similar style and a few same tiles.
Thanks to the Open Gaming License (OGL) from Wizards of the Coast:
It has been stated explicitly by Wizards of the Coast that anyone can make a computer game using the open game content under the terms of the OGL. The OGL can be viewed on the d20 System and OGL section of their official website, or the help system of this game.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Low Magic Age coming to Early Access

Postby getter77 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Heh, well the dev comments are optimism inducing I'd say as far as "getting it" ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/576770/discussions/0/144512942758577593/
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Thank you for the link getter77. Looks nice to me. The more OGL games there are, the merrier. Apparently that one will focus more on roguelike aspects, like random quests. Oh, and I'm like the developer, I would also keep TOEE and NWN 2 on my drive all the time, if it wasn't so small, ahaha.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Definitely a cool thing to see KotC has made an impact in even that distant corner of the world---I was almost more surprised that they name dropped the PSP game as well in terms of them clearly swimming merrily in the deep end of the pool. :lol:
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Now sporting English language support alongside other assorted gains since things got underway---encouraging to see their rough timetable is generally holding together. 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby HFG_George » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Good stuff! I acctually went ahead and bought the early access. Big NWN 2 fan here too :)
HFG_George
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby getter77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Seemingly at Maximum English now on top of other assorted gains---right down to a massive ingame Wiki/full reference in much the same spirit of KoTC's from the sound of it. 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Buxton » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 pm

getter77 wrote:Seemingly at Maximum English now on top of other assorted weight loss shakes and gains---right down to a massive ingame Wiki/full reference in much the same spirit of KoTC's from the sound of it. 8-)

How's that game shaping up? I'm not a fan of early access so I skipped it, but I'm still interested in the game itself once it gets released.
Last edited by Buxton on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Buxton
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby getter77 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Getting there---they've now shifted to full steam on getting the Adventuring Campaign underway so the updates themselves have become sparser, yet far more substantial in scope in terms of getting things sorted one great chunk at a time. Lots of little preview outlines on their direction on various areas can be found on the Updates section of their news blurbs on the page.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby itsdat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm

I just bought it. It is -50% off on Steam right now, so it's only 4€.
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films