Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby VinctLeiter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 am

It's all worth it! This looks better and better! Click to read my review on baby stroller products and cook ware. I also published some great recipes.
Last edited by VinctLeiter on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
VinctLeiter
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Advert

Postby Marinx » Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 am

I just want to express that I agree with Pierre. It's his game and his life at stake here. And there is only one chance to do it right. I'll never understand how some people have the nerve or think that they have the right to interfere with game devs development process. It's ok to have ideas and make suggestions but you don't have the right demand anything or right to feel angry because dev didn't do something that you want.
Just put yourself into other people skin for once and ask yourself how would you feel when someone meddles into your project. The project you pour countless hours of work, love and effort into.
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 am

Hello all, here's a quick update. In the past ten days or so, I created five KotC 2 combat videos using existing footage. I also paid the Steam fee and filled in all the Steam paperwork. Now I have access to the SteamWorks interface and Software Development Kit, but I don't know how to use them yet. So the first order of business for me is to learn how SteamWorks works so that I can create a Steam page for KotC. I also have to think about what to put in the KS page and do a website update to facilitate sending out KotC 2 to KS backers.

Thank you for your support Marinx and VinctLeiter! We're all human beings, so we all have our desires and emotions. As a human being, a game developer can't be super productive all the time like a machine would. Same thing for a writer like George R. R. Martin who takes a lot of time to write his books simply because he wants to do high-quality work, not because he wants his fans to be angry or frustrated. :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby galneon » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Same thing for a writer like George R. R. Martin who takes a lot of time to write his books simply because he wants to do high-quality work, not because he wants his fans to be angry or frustrated. :)

As long as someone doesn't finish KotC2 for you in catastrophically unfaithful, dumbed down fashion (although it might sell more that way). ;)
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue May 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Ahaha! That gives me a great idea! I should totally have a scene where thousands of brutish horse-mounted warriors charge against legions of invulnerable undead. All part of a subtle strategy, of course! But it should happen during a dark moonless night. That way, the cut-scene only needs a black screen! ;)

I don't have much to report about these days, as I'm working on adding Steam achievements and it's a big work. Cheers!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby galneon » Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Just don't arm them with dragon glass. They might actually prove effective and singlehandedly complete the campaign!
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 am

Hello, time for a quick update! I've finished implementing the Steam achievements and a scoring and leaderboard system for KotC 1. That's all I wanted to do in terms of the Steam integration. Now I'm doing playtesting to make sure that all the achievements are triggered when they should. Then I'll have to go through the Steam checklists of the other things required for a Steam release. Also, I have a big flight coming up in July, so I'll have to spend time on travel preparations in coming weeks. Cheers all!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby galneon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:38 am

Glad to hear the Steam process is well underway. Have a nice trip.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello and greetings, turn-based RPG fans!

First off, my apologies for not updating for quite a while. Also apologies to those who recently tried using the site and could not because of a missing left-side menu. That was due to the website's hosting company migrating its servers. Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, feel free to email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com to let me know, thanks.

In the past month, I had to focus on my permanent move from Asia to Europe (Thanks galneon. That trip is out of the way now) and then on getting adjusted to my new place. Of course, I also worked on getting KotC 1 onto Steam, which was more difficult than I was expecting, but the Steam page is finally online (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083760/Knights_of_the_Chalice/) and the release is planned on Friday 23 August 2019. The full game will have 100 Steam achievements and the free demo will have about 16 Steam achievements. There is also a Steam leaderboard for both the demo and full game. I've already added links to the Steam page on the various menus of this website.

Next I have to do a mass mailing to inform the news outlets/influencers about the Steam release date and I also have to post on Twitter & Facebook. Also have to continue working on the website's update to handle the distribution of KotC 2 to Kickstarter backers. And of course I have to work on the Kickstarter page as I have not had the time to fill it up.

On a side note, I enjoyed the season 1 of TV series 'Stranger Things'. It gets bonus points for its focus on Dungeons & Dragons!

Cheers all, till next time!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Hello all,

I've just uploaded the version 1.34 of KotC 1 full game and demo. The new version fixes a number of bugs and gameplay issues and it adds the option to launch the demo from the full game (simply click 'Demo'). Here is the link to download the free demo: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Download.htm.

Separately, I've done a short GIF animation to promote the upcoming release of KotC 1 on Steam. You can watch it there: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/KotC_coming_to_Steam.gif.

Some of you may also be interested in Matt Barton's entertaining two-hours-and-a-half Matt Chat 422 about KotC 1; here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsYqp0XX9w.

Apart from that, I'm still working on the update of the website in preparation for the KotC 2 Kickstarter. KotC 2 is such a fascinating game. I'm really looking forward to releasing it to KS backers and reading player feedback about it!

Cheers all, till next time!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2