KotC is on Steam! Alleluia!

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Endarire » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 am

However long it's been in the making, it's finally here! Now I can properly direct people to KotC without needing to explain how buying games through this site works.

Thankee for adding achievements and the demo to the Steam release. I'm pretty sure I'm the cause for the Escape Master achievement, and less likely the reason for the "do X without using Scribe Scroll" achievements.

Speaking of which, does using the Share Spell option prevent access to the Scribe Scroll achievements?

Thankee.
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: KotC is on Steam! Alleluia!

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:01 pm

However long it's been in the making, it's finally here! Now I can properly direct people to KotC without needing to explain how buying games through this site works.
That's right! It's a happy event indeed. :D

Thankee for adding achievements and the demo to the Steam release. I'm pretty sure I'm the cause for the Escape Master achievement, and less likely the reason for the "do X without using Scribe Scroll" achievements.
Thank you very much for your continued support! You may well be the cause for certain achievements like Escape Master.

Speaking of which, does using the Share Spell option prevent access to the Scribe Scroll achievements?
Yes it does, as using this option means you're creating some scrolls with the Scribe Scroll feat, then giving those scrolls to your companions to learn. Cheers! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby galneon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Glad to see it on Steam at last.

But Pierre, you need to have some presence on the Steam forum, at least for a couple of weeks... If people see you're engaged now, they'll trust you to be the same regarding KotC2. You might also do a better job of convincing people of the pricepoint. Endarire, myself and others are fighting the good fight, but people love to see a developer post.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Endarire » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 am

@BlueSalamander: We urge you to actively read and post on the KotC Steam Forum, at least until mid-October. That way, more people are likely to know that the dev cares and you'll likely attract more sales.

I've encouraged people via Discord to play KotC, and one bought it this weekend to learn more of 3.5's mechanics.
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Marinx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Congratulations Pierre on Steam release!
I agree with Endarire on showing your support on Steam forums. Btw hi Endarire. It's MadBeard from Realms Beyond server ;)

Although I bought the game almost 10 years ago, I'll buy it on steam also. Or if you plan for GoG release I would rather buy it there. Now with all this hype, I got an itch to play the game once more. I never did finish it before. I prefer games with balanced story/narrative/combat parts, and I become tired of doing combats all the time, so this is what happen to me with KotC all this years ago. But now I've got a feeling I'll get to the end :)

Btw what is the latest game version? I have 1.27 on my HDD. Is this latest one?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I downloaded 1.34 from website
Marinx
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:28 pm

galneon wrote:But Pierre, you need to have some presence on the Steam forum, at least for a couple of weeks...
You're right, thank you! I had totally forgotten about the Steam forum. :oops: Will check it now.

Endarire wrote:@BlueSalamander: We urge you to actively read and post on the KotC Steam Forum
Yup, thank you for the link and the awesome support!

Thank you very much Marinx! Yes, the last version is 1.34. I'm off to the Steam forums now... :oops:
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG