Wizards, Scribe Scroll, and Achievements

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Endarire » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 am

Greetings, Pierre!

This is my request for a near-future version of KotC1. I'm pondering trying the Ironman No Scribe Scroll achievements, but felt annoyed that even using Share Spells prevented me from getting these achievements. Wizards get Scribe Scroll automatically at level 1, and not being able to Share Spells prevents them from using one of their class features and a notable reason why I like KotC. I propose these alternatives:

1: Wizards instead get a bonus feat at level 1, just like Fighters.

2: Share Spells still allows the obtaining of Scribe Scroll-related achievements. (Preferred since it's more fun that way.) I know this allows Clerics with the feat to share spells, but that's also part of the point. The main gameplay ease was using Scribe Scroll to make tens of spell scrolls and effectively never run out of magic, NOT conveniently sharing research notes. Also, the 3.5 explicitly allows preparing spells from borrowed spellbooks, which is sorta what Share Spells does. (I know it puts the spells in another caster's repertoire.)
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Wizards, Scribe Scroll, and Achievements

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Hiya, well, in a future version I might allow the use of Share Spells while seeking the No Scribe Scroll achievements. Don't think we should worry about the automatic feat of Wizards, though. Cheers :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG