Will buyers receive Steam/GOG keys?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Koda » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 pm

I've bought KotC and was just curious if I should expect to get a Steam key or if I should count on having to re-buy it.

Thanks!
Koda
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Will buyers receive Steam/GOG keys?

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello Koda and welcome, well, I haven't set my policy concerning this yet. It seems to me that there are some issues with key distribution (see: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-18-fraudsters-force-rimworld-dev-to-stop-giving-out-steam-keys) so maybe it's best for me not to do it, unfortunately.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Raldor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:53 am

I hope you will reconsider and offer keys to those that purchased from you before Steam was an option. The problem mentioned in the article you linked had to do with people purchasing using stolen cards and then the developer got hit with chargebacks. I purchased the game nearly 4 years ago now, so you're in the clear from that angle. I prefer to keep as many of my games as possible in one collection (Steam), and I would have purchased on Steam in the first place if that had been an option, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd go ahead and give us keys.
Raldor
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby dastein » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am

Raldor wrote:I hope you will reconsider and offer keys to those that purchased from you before Steam was an option. The problem mentioned in the article you linked had to do with people purchasing using stolen cards and then the developer got hit with chargebacks. I purchased the game nearly 4 years ago now, so you're in the clear from that angle. I prefer to keep as many of my games as possible in one collection (Steam), and I would have purchased on Steam in the first place if that had been an option, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd go ahead and give us keys.

I second that, would be great for old customers to receive a Steam key.
dastein
Manticore (CR 5)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby gungnirs » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:12 pm

dastein wrote:
Raldor wrote:I hope you will reconsider and offer keys to those that purchased from you before Steam was an option. The problem mentioned in the article you linked had to do with people purchasing using stolen cards and then the developer got hit with chargebacks. I purchased the game nearly 4 years ago now, so you're in the clear from that angle. I prefer to keep as many of my games as possible in one collection (Steam), and I would have purchased on Steam in the first place if that had been an option, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd go ahead and give us keys.

I second that, would be great for old customers to receive a Steam key.

same here, steam +1 team ;)
gungnirs
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello all, thank you for your posts. Regarding this issue, to be honest I would prefer if you would just wait until the Christmas sale to get a key for cheap. So far, I haven't distributed free keys to anyone, so I don't even know how it works. But I know that if I implement this policy, it's going to be more work for me and I'll be expected to give keys to everyone, not only to people who bought the game years ago. I might change my mind later on, but for now I'd rather focus on KotC 2. Apologies for not giving the desired answer!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rpgguy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:53 am

I have an opposite question, if I buy KOTC on steam, can I get access to "Kotc buyer forum" here?
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby aratuk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:03 am

I was happy to buy the game again on Steam, even though I won't be playing it on Steam. It's quite a brilliant game, and from a one-person developer. The benefit isn't just the money for the developer, but the follow-on effect purchases have in promoting the game to more people.

Looking forward to the Kickstarter!
aratuk
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Thanks a million for your support, aratuk!

if I buy KOTC on steam, can I get access to "Kotc buyer forum" here?
Yes, you can. Please just email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com and I'll give the access. Cheers!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG