Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Kickstarter

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby getter77 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:30 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/description

OGL camaraderie, even if of the 5e variety, is surely a grand boon to behold as some reckoned these days might never come. 8-)

Quite a different approach to Knights of the Chalice, but one with ample complementary potential to say the least by my reckoning.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Kickstarter

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you getter77, I've just watched the KS video and it looks pretty nice. Didn't seem to mention anything about the OGL. It's great that it's got turn-based combat. There are just a couple of things I would probably not like: the spinning camera and the slow movement speed. Other than that, it's pretty interesting.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby getter77 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:59 pm

It is definitely OGL, same as The Red Prison, they just tiptoe around it on the direct promotion front(which all but maybe one of the OGL Kickstarter oriented projects have done operating outside of the P&P Tabletop scene for presumably some reckoned reason) but it is all throughout their design blog write ups(which are quite nicely written and considered in my opinion) on their website.

The standalone demo module got a camera update and then some just the other day as well, so they recognize the need for more flexibility and outright improvements on that front---same for the animation/movement speed being something they've gotten the feedback on.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 pm

getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Galm_One » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Looks promising to me, especially now that it's endorsed by the original D&D right holders! I'm still waiting for an update of my wage, but if it goes the right way, I'll make sure to help you guys develop your project.
Galm_One
Lizardman (CR 1)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:30 pm

Good to see that they've reached their funding goal and on top they've obtained the official approval to use the SRD 5.1. What would be really cool would be the right to use the D&D name and logo, maybe one day, who knows!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Galm_One » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Not to mention that this would be a MASSIVE marketing argument. "Solasta" sounds cool, but so far, nobody knows what it is. If they can add D&D to the title, everyone will understand what it is and that it's been officially endorsed by the company, which proves that it's quite a high quality game.
Galm_One
Lizardman (CR 1)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:03 pm

They did well with the KS. Nearly 6,000 backers and 243,855 euros raised.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films