Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby fabgrass » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:42 am

Open the sprite system to community, with precise constraint about how additional sprites (weapon, etc) anchor it, and you will have megatons of sprites!..
fabgrass
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby TrollPrince » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:51 am

I think that might be a great idea to open source the sprites to the community but I'm personally OK with everything being the same as the KOTC 1 at launch.

That's part of the charm. The game mechanics is really where it's at.
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby Jarinex » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:59 pm

I saw that Instagram pic and am really happy with how the sprites look! I could never stand the tokens tbh.

Speaking of graphics, will we be able to change the backgrounds and floor graphics as well? It’s a little weird having the pixel sprites with a slight realistic floor.

Looking forward to the KS
Jarinex
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Greetings, RPG lovers! Time flies so here's a quick update. Well this January has been quite miserable for me. I've been suffering from flu symptoms during at least half of the month and right now I'm still recovering. To top it all off, yesterday I didn't have any access to electricity or Internet. Sigh.

I was thinking to launch the KotC 2 Kickstarter on 4 February but it's wiser for me to delay it until the Kickstarter campaign for Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous has ended. No point in locking horns with the new Pathfinder game. I did contact Owlcat Games about a cross-promotion of our KS campaigns.

Meanwhile, I've finished work on the KotC 2 KS updates. I'd like to work on preparing stuff to post on the social networks during the campaign.

Aside from that, I've been working on the Steam page for KotC 2. There are plenty of things I still need to do to get the page online. I also want to work on creating Steam achievements for KotC 2.

I submitted KotC 1 to GOG on 29 December 2019 and I've had no reply from them so far, so players who would really like to see KotC 1 on GOG might want to email GOG in support of KotC 1. Thank you!

It's still very much my plan to launch the KS campaign in coming weeks and I'll announce it with a new video on Youtube and some mass emails. But right now my top priority is simply to recover and I still need a lot of resting time. Second priority is to go through my email backlog and Steam forum messages.

Thank you for reading, take care everyone! :-)

fabgrass wrote:Open the sprite system to community, with precise constraint about how additional sprites (weapon, etc) anchor it, and you will have megatons of sprites!..
Yes, it will be completely open and transparent.

TrollPrince wrote:I think that might be a great idea to open source the sprites to the community but I'm personally OK with everything being the same as the KOTC 1 at launch.
Initially, the game will only have tokens and the sprite set from KotC 1. Later on, there will be the main high-resolution sprite set that will be created by the graphic designer(s) I hire, the existing KotC 1 sprite set, the set of community-made sprites, the set of tokens, and the set of community-made tokens.

Jarinex wrote:Speaking of graphics, will we be able to change the backgrounds and floor graphics as well? It’s a little weird having the pixel sprites with a slight realistic floor.
Absolutely.

Thank you for the posts everyone!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rogaldorn » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:15 pm

I hope you get well soon! As for the KS, I'm not familiar with these things so I don't know if a campaign coinciding with another is harmful or not, but I wish you the best. Is the plan still for the first KOTC2 module to be released immediately after the KS? Will any tools be available for module creation at that time?
I can't wait, regardless! I've been excited for a few months now to try it.
rogaldorn
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Thank you for your great support, rogaldorn. Never mind the competition, I can't do a KS campaign without the approval of KS. Please see my post on the KS page. My project was declined in ten seconds without any explanation. I contacted KS asking for clarification. They replied that I can submit an appeal but they did not explain the reason for rejecting. I don't see much point in submitting an appeal if I don't understand the reason why they instant-rejected the project in the first place. If you ask what I'm planning to do, well I don't know, but I'm very close to simply throwing in the towel and focus on other things. :(
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Jarinex » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:12 pm

That’s really stupid. There should be no reason it was rejected. Don’t lose hope yet though, I would hate to see your hard work go to waste.

Edit: After talking with some people on discord, I think it’s definitly the 1 GBP goal. They probably thought you were a troll or something. Might explain how quickly it was declined.

I say make an appeal and tell them there will be a higher goal.
Last edited by Jarinex on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarinex
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby TrollPrince » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:26 pm

Indie Go Go.

They will take you.
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:52 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you for your great support, rogaldorn. Never mind the competition, I can't do a KS campaign without the approval of KS. Please see my post on the KS page. My project was declined in ten seconds without any explanation. I contacted KS asking for clarification. They replied that I can submit an appeal but they did not explain the reason for rejecting. I don't see much point in submitting an appeal if I don't understand the reason why they instant-rejected the project in the first place. If you ask what I'm planning to do, well I don't know, but I'm very close to simply throwing in the towel and focus on other things. :(

Can you make a new campaign with a higher funding goal? Something like 10.000 or so. I don't know how Kickstarter works but their share probably depends on the funding goal, so they might have little interest in a project with basically no funding goal at all. Or they thought it was a trolling project.
I really don't see any reason at all why KS would decline this other than the funding goal of 1. Anyway Indiegogo is an option.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Almost certainly it was a consequence of setting such a low goal. If memory serves, some outfits pulled similar things years ago in the more formative years as they were feeling out best terms and practices with such an approach to game the system and stoke great ire on all sides---so it is no surprise to see them balk at the notion wholesale within the contemporary landscape.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2