Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun May 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Thank you for your posts! :)

Maybe a stretch goal? Or even an upgrade?
Yes, sprites are part of the stretch goals already. Reaching a stretch goal guarantees that I'll implement a given feature, but I might still implement a particular feature even if the associated stretch goal isn't reached.

I like that you can see the HP on them and presumably status effects would have icons on them. I think it'll make it easier to get an idea of the state of the board at any time, with just a glance.
From my tests, it does look a bit weird if I display the Hit Points and condition icons on top of the sprites, while it's fine to do so with tokens. Anyway, there will be options for each of these. If you want sprites, you can switch them on, if you want tokens you can switch them on. If you want HP display you can switch it on. If you want condition icons to be displayed, you can switch them on too.

If only you could pick whatever you like... oh wait...
Yup, you can pick whatever you prefer. :D

On another subject, guys if you see an image with clashing colours, please let me know and I'll fix it! :D It's not because I'm Daltonian or terrible at colour coordination or something. :D It's just that normally I filter out the blue light (to protect my eyes), so I might not have seen the colour clash, if there's some clashing blue or purple colour in the image. :oops: Alternatively, install a blue filter app for yourself and suddenly all of my images will become utterly wonderful to you too, I promise! ;)

Not much longer to wait for the Kickstarter now (click to enlarge):

Image Image

'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby TrollPrince » Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm

Thanks. I have trouble reading.
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Only two and a half days to go now before the launch of the Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2, so today I've been sending out the following English / French bulk email message:

English version

I hope you've been sharpening your swords and memorising your spells! :D The Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2 will be launched on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7 am US Central time (2 pm Paris time). Here is the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first adventure, Augury of Chaos, and the module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.

Yesterday, I uploaded the new version of the Kickstarter Stretch Goals image, featuring nine highly-unconventional recruitable companions. If you've always dreamt of adventuring in the company of an intelligent Gelatinous Cube, rejoice! Your dream will finally come true!

Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based epic computer role-playing game with turn-based combat. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment. Just like KotC 1, KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and many other features.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword!

Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam / GOG after a relatively short period of time dedicated to the improvement of the game. A Reddit Ask Me Anything session is planned at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am Central time (3 pm Paris time).

I'm counting on you to spread the word so that we can give the campaign the best possible start it can have. Feel free to share this message with your friends and social networks! :-) If you would like to post an image or the launch text on your social networks, feel free to download the latest version of the KotC 2 Kickstarter promo pack. Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!

PS 1. I would like to give special thanks to Tactical Adventures, the developer of SRD 5.1 CRPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister, for the kind help and support provided to the Kickstarter. You can check out the game at https://www.solasta-game.com/

PS 2. I also would like to give special thanks to 6 Eyes Studio, the developer of Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark, for their kind support. You can check out their website at https://www.fellseal.com/ and their Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/?curator_clanid=35047933

PS 3. I also would like to give special thanks to Iron Tower Studio, the developer of The Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats and Colony Ship. You can check out their website at http://irontowerstudio.com/

KotC 2 Features

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best adventure modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
French version

J'espère que vous avez aiguisé vos épées et mémorisé vos sorts! :D La campagne Kickstarter pour Knights of the Chalice 2 sera lancée dans moins de 72 heures, le 26 Mai 2020 à 14 heures françaises. Le lien vers la campagne est https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. Les participants à la campagne recevront la première aventure, Augury of Chaos, et l'éditeur intégré pour Windows et Mac OS dès la fin de la campagne.

Hier, j'ai mis en ligne la dernière version des Objectifs Kickstarter (Stretch Goals), qui inclut neuf compagnons dont on peut dire qu'ils sortent de l'ordinaire! Si vous avez toujours rêvé de vivre des aventures héroïques en compagnie d'un Cube Gélatineux, réjouissez-vous! Votre rêve va finalement devenir réalité!

Knights of the Chalice 2 est un jeu de rôle avec combat au tour par tour et graphismes 2D dessinés à la main. KotC 2 est inspiré par Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil et Planescape: Torment. Comme KotC 1, KotC 2 est basé sur le système OGL 3.5, l'ensemble des règles constituant la fondation de Dungeons & Dragons 3.5.

La campagne Kickstarter soutiendra la création d'au moins trois nouvelles aventures: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos et Heart of Evil. Elle permettra également d'améliorer les graphismes et de nombreux autres éléments.

Dans KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, votre groupe de Héros confronte une secte diabolique associée à divers Démons et Dragons! Explosez vos ennemis avec plus de 700 sorts, poussez-les dans des pièges mortels, utilisez la ruse ou la fourberie, ou écrasez-les tout simplement avec votre épée à deux mains enchantée!

Après la campagne Kickstarter, le jeu sera rendu disponible sur le site web du développeur, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, et sur Steam / GOG après une période de temps relativement courte dédiée à l'amélioration du jeu. Un Reddit 'Ask Me Anything' est prévu à r/Games le 11 juin à partir de 15 heures françaises.

J'espère que vous participerez à la campagne! Si vous aimez le projet, merci de partager ce message avec vos amis et sur les réseaux sociaux! Si vous souhaitez poster une image ou le texte de lancement sur vos réseaux, vous pouvez télécharger le pack de promotion.

Principaux Éléments de Knights of the Chalice 2

• Combat tactique au tour par tour assez semblable à celui de Dark Sun Shattered Lands et Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • Interface facile à utiliser. Lancez avec un seul clic une charge, une attaque complète ou un coup de grâce : le jeu vous offre la meilleure option disponible automatiquement.
  • Intelligence artificielle émergente. Vos ennemis sont parfaitement capables d'utiliser les nombreuses options tactiques et sorts magiques.
  • Fichiers d'aide omniprésents et explications claires et détaillées concernant le résultat de toutes vos actions.
  • Plus de 700 Sorts et Pouvoirs Psioniques, ainsi que 22 Classes de Personnages, 10 Races, 478 Capacités Spéciales, 41 Domaines Divins, 71 Enchantements d'Armes.
  • Fabriquez vos propres armes et armures et enchantez-les pour les améliorer de nombreuses manières.
  • Dialogues à options multiples offrant des choix et des conséquences réelles dans le jeu. Faites bon usage des nombreux talents uniques de votre équipe!
  • Puzzles et énigmes captivants. Décodez les mystérieux messages secrets avec une interface de décryptage inspirée par Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars.
  • Dans KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, faites progresser vos personnages depuis le premier niveau jusqu'au niveau 21.
  • Utilisez l'éditeur intégré pour créer facilement de nouvelles aventures, de nouveaux monstres et de nouveaux dialogues. Les meilleures aventures pourront générer un revenu.
  • KotC 2 offre de nombreuses fonctionnalités de confort et d'accélération du jeu, comme le chargement rapide des parties sauvegardées.

Image Image

'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Tiavals » Tue May 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Kickstarter is up now, btw. ;)
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby feanor89 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Tiavals wrote:Kickstarter is up now, btw. ;)

already backed as hero of the realm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue May 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Sheer awesomeness, thank you guys!! :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue May 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Yessss!! Can confirm that the Kickstarter campaign is finally LIVE!

Here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs?ref=5jabs5

We're on our way to good things, let's keep the momentum going my worthy friends! :)

Main Features of Knights of the Chalice 2

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells at heroicfantasygames.com). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list at heroicfantasygames.com).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learnt by a character.
The first KotC 2 adventure module, Augury of Chaos, and the KotC 2 module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to Kickstarter backers as soon as the campaign ends.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Aequil » Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Halfway there! In only four hours! :)
Aequil
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby feanor89 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Funded in less than 24 hours! :D :D :D
feanor89
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby getter77 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:54 pm

It is a good, hopeful feeling to see something like this manage to fund outright---let alone in such a short time. As rough as times are on the whole, the beacons of light are still out there flickering as they do for all those that continue to strain their eyes in defiance against the abyss. 8-)
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2