In support to Pierre, AKA "BlueSalamander"

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: In support to Pierre, AKA "BlueSalamander"

Postby Shamino » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Things I LOVE about KOTC 2 :)

The game still has the CLASSIC Knights of the Chalice feel and charming character, but is clearly a massive enhancement under the hood

LOVE that the classic KOTC sound effects are there

LOVE the graphics style for the items and effects and maps

Scenario Editor !!! I plan on making MANY modules :)

Tons of interesting races, classes, feats, spells, etc

Larger party size and companions that join which allows a more interesting and diverse party composition

Evolution of a unique KOTC flavor of 3.5 OGL, which means lots of cool new stuff to explore, and finding new and interesting character builds

LOTS of dialog interaction, including class secondary skill options, which makes having a diverse party worthwhile, and provides extra options for handling encounters other than combat sometimes

AMAZING scripted combats

Clean, quick map movement and area loading - REALLY fed up with Pathfinder Kingmaker taking 40 seconds to load an area - haven't had that kind of sluggish load time since Ultima on the C64

LOVE the double time animations and walk speeds - I hate watching my characters walk slowly for hours in other CRPGs and waiting forever for combat animations

TONS of music - something like 60 tracks! Nice

AWESOME combat log and character sheet showing modifier sources - extremely helpful

Gorgeous 2D top down maps with clean and clear objects and activable areas - Thanks for the Tab key :)

And . . the little red beetle crawling around by the crates! I remember him from KOTC 1 :)

Just 5 hours on the books so far, although not much progress yet. Looking forward to more!

Thanks Pierre!!!
Shamino
Manticore (CR 5)
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby Shamino » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 am

Got ten or twelve hours in now. WOW!! This is an AWESOME module! Some very cool encounters and dialogs. Really keeps you on your toes. Seeing many things I've never seen in a CRPG before. Fantastic!
Getting TPK left and right though. Encounters are all very overpowering with little respite between. Rather than changing the scenario difficulty though, I would love to see some standard game options added that I could use to make my party more durable, so I don;t always have to reload so much. Please see my thread on KOTC 2 Ideas| Game Options for improved party durability
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=892
Shamino
Manticore (CR 5)
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby entropysoda » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 pm

+1 Love it, great job Pierre! :D Really enjoy the detailed character creation, and the choices of tons of races & classes!

Really puts to shame 99% of modern games, which usually have pre-gen only and throw u right into the game with zero creation or customization :x
entropysoda
Ettin (CR 6)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Endarire » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 pm

As someone who found a buncha bugs in KotC1 in 2018 - about 10 years after launch - and reported them, I understand that one person making this awesome, sprawling RPG and toolset is a massive job!

If you want a better KotC2...

1: Be patient and kind with Pierre. He knows KotC2 has bugs and wants to fix them. He's amidst fixing them too! This also normally means that if you've paid for the game, don't demand a refund. It'll be better later.

2: If you play KotC and find any bugs, report all bugs you find! Provide detailed and reproduceable instructions as well as crash dumps/game logs/screenshots/video.

3: Whatever suggestions you have for improvement, remain patient and kind with him in disclosing them to him.
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Hesmah » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:31 am

Even though there's been plenty of bugs and the game is damn hard and even annoying at times, I absolutely love it.

There's a great amount of depth and every victory feels meaningful and amazing.
Hesmah
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Thank you for the awesome support everyone! I really appreciate it!! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yankee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:21 am

Only a super-brainy genius could create such a unique and wonderful game!
Yankee
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby deathknight1728 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:49 am

I think i get what everyone sees in the game. Its the only 3.5 game that could be really good and is a video game. But that doesnt mean it should be all this special treatment. When a game that you buy isnt what its supposped to be you dont say i applaud you on this game. I dont have a problem with if the game were released in january but he said it was done or almost done. In the future just release special testers so that regular people dont test. All im saying. Its sad that just because this is a dnd game everyone is going out of their way to make sure the game is released. Im just going to wait until the next module is made.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Previous

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG