Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby jms123 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 am

Yeah, it's bad... almost done with the final battle, had a decent chance to win it...crash when a dragon is trying to take a turn. I guess I won't retry until a patch that addresses this issue.

Edit: A bit more info on this. I insanely kept trying the final battle over and over (I guess I was kind of enjoying trying different tactics and such), and every time I got near the end it would crash. It was a very long battle too, so I'm surprised I had the patience to stick with it. I almost gave up to wait for the next patch many times. The vampires were crashing just about every time they acted. Finally I got through a round where 1 vampire didn't crash, and I took out the other before he acted, then took out the first vampire right after that so he didn't get a 2nd chance. I had the black dragon wizard disabled (force cage?) and so he wasn't acting and didn't crash either. One thing I noticed, which may be a factor, the vampire always crashed when I had the hallway where he enters silenced, so he was trying to do something other than casting a spell, maybe using an ability (or maybe trying to cast a silenced spell if he is able to). When, instead of silencing that area, I managed to kill off or disable all of the psi/casters who enter there by other means, the vampire got his spells off normally and then I killed him shortly thereafter. But I don't know for sure if the silence was a factor or it was just luck.
Last edited by jms123 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby jms123 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:00 am

Experimenting with some enchanting and resistances, finding some bugs:
  • If I enchant something with Vitality III and Energy(any) Resistance III, when equipping the item the HP bonus from vitality gets applied twice and the description when clicking on the HP to see how it is computed has a weird string in both rows that add the 30HP
  • Some items when equipped do not reflect in the resistances under the inventory screen. For example, if I equip a Ring of Fire resistance it shows "50%" under Fire there, but if I equip a Ring of Electricity Resistance it does not show the "50%" under "Shock". The electricity resistance does show up under effects so I think it is working in the actual combat calculations
  • As mentioned elsewhere the red wizard transformation innate fire resistance doesn't work. In fact, one time I think I saw it working as a 50% penalty, which should apply to sonic not fire, other times I've seen it just not say anything about it in the combat log. Edit: The plus 50% was the elemental form of the caster, so that explains that part, but the lack of 50% resistance for a transformed character is still a problem.
  • Sometimes multiple resistance types for the same element do not display properly under the energy type in the inventory screen. For example, a Ring of Energy Containment plus a "Red" armor enchantment tries to write a long string under the "Fire" at the bottom of the inventory screen that doesn't fit into the white textbox and is not fully readable. It is including the words "Fire Resistance" in there, but there is only space for a few characters. I guess it is supposed to be "10/50%" or something along those lines when there is a combo of percentage plus damage reduction.

Edit: there is room at the bottom of the inventory screen to split the resistance display into separate boxes for percentage off resistances, and straight damage resistances, so maybe that would help.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:37 am

Pretty massive campaign bug: after defeating the Black Dragon and saving the Blue Guards in the sewers, you automatically teleport to the very center of the fire pool. :o
Thankfully, my one healer character was the one with fire immunity. But still.... not fun. (And I was just patting myself on the back for not losing a single character into the fire pits in the previous fight)
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby tdunaj » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 am

Experiencing repeated crashes at the Spider Queen fight in the Upper Sewers. It seems to happen when a spider starts "thinking" - this can happen both in the first phase with geomancers and also after the Queen shows up with one of her retinue.
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby groeteede » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 am

has there been any news of a patch to fix the crashing in fights? Want to finish the module but its very frustrating
groeteede
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby tdunaj » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:37 pm

tdunaj wrote:Experiencing repeated crashes at the Spider Queen fight in the Upper Sewers. It seems to happen when a spider starts "thinking" - this can happen both in the first phase with geomancers and also after the Queen shows up with one of her retinue.

The 1.05 version is more resilient but the bug still happens (could be when two enemy casters act one after another with the second one causing the crash). On my last attempt I almost succeeded when the last of the Queens retinue started to Think and crashed to desktop.
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:15 pm

1.05 is out? didn't get a message for that.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby tdunaj » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 am

LordSith wrote:1.05 is out? didn't get a message for that.

I meant 1.04 sorry
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby karianna » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Cannot reengage in conversations with NPS

* Version 1.0.4 - Mac OS X 10.15.6

Example One: When you talk to the Birdman (the one that offers to carry you across the chasm to the Goblin vs Goblin fight) and you decline his offer and then leave, there's no way to rengage in conversation with him afterwards.
Example Two: Same goes for talking to the Grey Goblin elders, I wanted to trade and then rest but could only do one as I was unable to reengage.
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby karianna » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:01 pm

A 'Feat always seems to be pre-selected, can't unselect it.

* 1.0.4 Mac OS X 10.15.6

During character creation, when I go to select feats it always has a random one pre-selected - usually one that I don't want. I can't seem to unselect this
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG