CTDs

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

CTDs

Postby LordSith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:18 am

Hi,

In the latest version i'm still experiencing many CTD.

- obviously while quick loading. I have as much as 16 of those during the last 30 hours. (Edit: if that matters, many of those happens when I alt-tab back and forth in the game while it loads)

- when having a container (chest) open in my inventory, putting a gem in it, removing the gem from it, then putting the gem back in it. (That CTD was unexpected and I lost a whole fight progress :/)

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

CTDs

Advert

Re: CTDs

Postby LordSith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 pm

And again, a CTD after a 2h fight. FUUUUCK.

This time it happened when I selected "magic stone" with my cleric when it remained 4-5 enemies from the fight with the 3x3 scorpion (west of the goblin big fight arena).

please fix those CTDs. I'm losing 4-5 hours of play each day because of this!!

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 am

Restarting the game with 6 players (because I think that with 8 I didn't get enough xp to pass the big Pizarra fight) I now face a lot of CTD against the underwater sharkmen... the CTD seems to appear each time the shaman has his turn. The first fight try it worked, but 2d and up to 5th try failed when he should have act.

Edit if that matters: each time the sharkman is ('saved reflex") from a web (cast from round #2), and I had summoned a gargoyle (during surprise round, #1) in front of a frog (which has been killed in round #2)

Edit2: even if I use another (losing) strategy, when i want to quickload, CTD.

10 CTD in that phase. I'm starting to exhaust my enthousiasm...

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

During the big scorpion fight (west of goblin area) : CTD when Erzimon wanted to cast greater gust of wind, then a (druid?) goblin who was ready to act against him casting a spell casts barksin on himself (?) then seemed to move... and CTD when i think i should have been able to re-do my spell casting now that the interruption was done.

(and obviously I had good initiative in that try...)

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby jms123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:21 pm

I can imagine that the earlier you are in the game, the harder it will be to avoid crashes by changing tactics, because there aren't nearly as many options available to your characters. Hopefully Pierre is working on this 1.03 crash bug, haven't heard anything in a while.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi, thanks for the input.

I'm quite passionnate because when the game works, it feels super awesome.

I did find a way to get new strategies (even if they are based on advices i read here and there, and not what i would want to play with) and am currently tryng the big Pizzara fight again. This time i have a bit more options at my disposal, but not many since my 6 players team is (and i will not restart a third time because it's tedious to get there... I spend 12 hours straight from this morning 6am to tonight 10pm...)
- a gladiator
- a champion (i would have prefered paladin, but i don't see any real advantage of the paladin gameplay wise
- a red mage , my favorite type character
- a druid
- a cleric (healer)
- Erzimon
- a psyonist which is a really cool class to play. Since the first time I read some info about psyonist in "talents and powers" in the 2.5 AD&D version I wanted to play one (never played the RPG even if i had the books :D). It's the first time I can really play, and sincerely it's super fun class. Maybe better than mage, except mage have summons which are as usual, hard to not use.

I'm quite certain i could have a better team, but the fact is, i want to play with that kind. With 8, I added:
- a rogue (but ... they seem quite strange, with spells but not really effective in battle i found)
- a samourai

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby tdunaj » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:23 am

LordSith wrote:Hi, thanks for the input.

I'm quite passionnate because when the game works, it feels super awesome.

I did find a way to get new strategies (even if they are based on advices i read here and there, and not what i would want to play with) and am currently tryng the big Pizzara fight again. This time i have a bit more options at my disposal, but not many since my 6 players team is (and i will not restart a third time because it's tedious to get there... I spend 12 hours straight from this morning 6am to tonight 10pm...)
- a gladiator
- a champion (i would have prefered paladin, but i don't see any real advantage of the paladin gameplay wise
- a red mage , my favorite type character
- a druid
- a cleric (healer)
- Erzimon
- a psyonist which is a really cool class to play. Since the first time I read some info about psyonist in "talents and powers" in the 2.5 AD&D version I wanted to play one (never played the RPG even if i had the books :D). It's the first time I can really play, and sincerely it's super fun class. Maybe better than mage, except mage have summons which are as usual, hard to not use.

I'm quite certain i could have a better team, but the fact is, i want to play with that kind. With 8, I added:
- a rogue (but ... they seem quite strange, with spells but not really effective in battle i found)
- a samourai

Pierre mentioned DarkSun as an inspiration (AD&D Psionic heavy setting). Am running a party with Rikus, Sadira and Nok - from a DarkSun novel Prism Pentad
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:29 pm

Big spider fight in high sewer...
I cannot go back to rest, so need to rely on my warrior to crit with vorpal because i have no more spell left, no more PP (almost)... so CTD each time something is cast by the red spider.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:51 am

Maybe it will help, maybe not but:
- big spider fight & queen CTDs almost everytime when "something" is cast.
- quick loading CTD : it seems to be more frequent if pressing L when the AI is acting. (pressing L do not work when '"thinking" but works when AI moves and you know already you are fucked and do not want to wait for the "game over" at the end of AI actions or when a character just died and I press "L" because i know i can't resurrect him with a 2 man party in those instances where you are with a divided team.

Exemple of the second:
salamander fight when you have a party of 2 after getting your equipment back
The salamander casts a fireball and kill my warrior. My mage will not be able to kill salamander + greater fight elemental. Then while the salamander moves, i hit L => each time, CTD.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby LordSith » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:21 am

Another CTD:

I have a bag open with one case with raise dead x2 scroll.

I move a scroll of raise dead from inventory to the case in the bag with the 2x scrolls, to gather them.

CTD.

After 15' of inventory management. AAAARRGH

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Next

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG