Difficulty way, WAY, to high

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Difficulty way, WAY, to high

Postby Moddan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:18 pm

The solution for the spider queen puzzle was for me:

1. pre-casting silence where the queen and her magic entourage will appear in the 2nd wave, so she has to use her less deadly silenced spells
2. using a scroll of marilith(i had 3 scrolls at that time) and summon it next to the queen. it's 25 attacks stripped her off mirror image in one go
3. let my drake fighter grapple and pin(i had 90% chance!) her majesty while the others chopped her into bits. she was helpless. fighters rule with all the feats.

I'm sure there are other solution as well but the grappling weakness surprised me a lot. Focus on the caster in the last wave and block the other with summons/control spells.
Moddan
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Postby tdunaj » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 am

This fight is a motherfucker. I have been on this for a month now and have had enough. I give up.
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)

Postby Moddan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:29 am

I just won the gate battle with zero losses if not for that last monster standing, an ogre magus. he decided to crash the game. i would have done the same.

*edit
that was with 1.04. i just downloaded 1.05 and made it on the 2nd try. no crashes, good job.
Moddan
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Yankee » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 pm

This game's difficulty is just perfect, Age Of Decadence style.
For those who find it too high, there are several options making it much easier: faster leveling, no gold needed to level, etc.
Yankee
Griffon (CR 4)

Previous

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG