1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby karianna » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:40 pm

I downloaded and overrode the 1.06 app but when I play 1.07 I can't save games :-(
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:44 pm

1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Advert
 

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby drjay » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Same for me on the Windows version.
drjay
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:31 am

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello there, thank you for the report. Sorry about that. Mmmm. I've just tested the Windows version again, saved in the various ways, both a low-level party and a high-level party, newly created character or old game, new save or overwrite, had no issue. Please, what happens when you try to save? The game crashes? Were you able to save games with version 1.06? I will do more tests with the Mac version.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
User avatar
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby drjay » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:13 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello there, thank you for the report. Sorry about that. Mmmm. I've just tested the Windows version again, saved in the various ways, both a low-level party and a high-level party, newly created character or old game, new save or overwrite, had no issue. Please, what happens when you try to save? The game crashes? Were you able to save games with version 1.06? I will do more tests with the Mac version.


Thank you for the answer!

The game runs great except for it wont make save files, I can't edit the module and even the options reset if I restart the game. I have tried 1.07 on an other laptop and there it works fine. So I think it's an issue with the compatibility with the computer and not the version.
drjay
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:31 am

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Thank you :-)

Could it be something to do with the 'run as administrator' option maybe (as least for the Windows version)? Is it Windows 10?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
User avatar
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby drjay » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:56 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you :-)

Could it be something to do with the 'run as administrator' option maybe (as least for the Windows version)? Is it Windows 10?


Yes, running it as administrator fixed the issue. Thank you for the help!
drjay
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:31 am

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Cool, thank you! 8-)

For the Mac version, it may be something to do with the permissions of the folder Library/Application Support/KotC 2 (and subfolders within this). Right-clicking on the folder and setting all permissions to read and write for all users might fix the issue. Cheers!
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
User avatar
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby karianna » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:55 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Cool, thank you! 8-)

For the Mac version, it may be something to do with the permissions of the folder Library/Application Support/KotC 2 (and subfolders within this). Right-clicking on the folder and setting all permissions to read and write for all users might fix the issue. Cheers!


Just tried that but no go :-(

My Path is /Users/karianna/Library/Application Support/Kotc 2/

Does KotC app support need to go into /Library/Application Support/Kotc 2/ instead?
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Thank you. Mmm, I think the path should be fine. But have you tried running the application as admin?

Please see: https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac, let me know how it goes please?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
User avatar
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: 1.07 - Mac OS X - cannot save games

Postby karianna » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you. Mmm, I think the path should be fine. But have you tried running the application as admin?

Please see: https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac, let me know how it goes please?


Aha that worked from the terminal window - thank you!
karianna
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:44 pm


Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests