Permission Sought: Adapting KotC using the ToEE Engine

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Endarire » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:16 pm

Greetings, Pierre!

Some people on the Temple of Elemental Evil CRPG forum Co8.org have been making a ToEE module out of KotC1. (Link.) Someone encouraged asking your permission for a full adaptation, since the ToEE engine allows for more than the KotC1 engine and people who liked the ToEE adaptation may want to find and buy KotC2.

I'm not the author of this KotC1 adaptation, but a messenger who wanted everyone involved to be properly informed and communicating and benefiting. Enjoy!
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Permission Sought: Adapting KotC using the ToEE Engine

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Hello Endarire, thank you for posting and for the module link. :)

As for granting permission, first I'd need to know a couple of things: (1) is it a non-commercial project and (2) is the author creating brand-new background images (and music) for it. If that's the case, then I'd like to get the images (and music), and be granted a licence to use them for any purpose. That way, I'll be able to use the backdrops (and soundtracks) in future KotC 2 modules, and it'll be a win-win.

In any case, for an enquiry like this, it's best for the creator to contact me directly at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Permission Sought: Adapting KotC using the ToEE Engine

Postby Endarire » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:08 am

Greetings, Pierre!

This is a non-commercial project. I'm unsure what art and audio assets are being used for this, which is why I linked this thread and encourage you to talk with the people on the Circle of 8 AKA Co8 forum about this.

Thankee!
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG