Base Feat Acquisition

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Base Feat Acquisition

Postby Dromin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:20 pm

I'm a planner. I plot every single level for characters ... their spells/powers, but in particular their feats.

I know this game is based on 3.5 base mechanics. Does that mean we'll get a feat at first and then 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc? Pathfinder ruined me with a feat every odd level, so I may need to revise my old builds. :-p

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been answered. I couldn't find it anywhere if it had!
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Base Feat Acquisition

Advert

Re: Base Feat Acquisition

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:07 am

Hello Dromin! :-)

Yes, your characters get a new feat at level 1, 3, 6, 9, etc.

I'm planning to add an option allowing your characters to pick a feat every two levels or every level.

Thank you!! :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dromin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:45 am

Okay, cool. :-)

There are so many lovely feats! The only build I'm having trouble plotting out is the Death Knight. The lack of bonus feats makes human a necessary race to be both an expert feinter and a competent shield fighter.

I'd definitely turn on the "every other level" feat schedule, so thank you for making that an option!
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 am

For me, if I think Warrior (including Death Knights)... then I want a Half-Giant to do it! Or alternatively a Drake / Mantis / Centaur / Half-Salamander. :D
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dromin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:05 am

If you make a feat every other level an option then I can freely choose those other races AND make my build work great. ;)
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby rpgguy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

If that option is on, have the monsters/villans get the extra feats as well...
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Dromin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm

rpgguy wrote:If that option is on, have the monsters/villans get the extra feats as well...

Oh for sure. I'd build monsters with the extra feats if I were doing my own adventure (which I am planning). :-)
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 am

rpgguy wrote:If that option is on, have the monsters/villans get the extra feats as well...
It would be cool, but I don't think it's feasible. The game would have to go through all the creatures and give them new feats (not necessarily feats originally intended by the module creator), and then if you switch off the option, again the game would have to go through all the creatures and remove the new feats. Cheers! :-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dromin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 am

BlueSalamander wrote:
It would be cool, but I don't think it's feasible. The game would have to go through all the creatures and give them new feats (not necessarily feats originally intended by the module creator), and then if you switch off the option, again the game would have to go through all the creatures and remove the new feats. Cheers! :-)

If it's optional, then it won't be a big deal. I'll get to play a game where my characters are a hair stronger than intended, and anybody who doesn't choose to boost the feat count won't. It's single-player, so it won't impact anybody else. I love that we've got the option, at least. That's great.

And frankly, with how brutal the AI is based on your combat videos, I believe I will need a leg up!
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 am

Thank you Dromin! Yes, I see it as a cool option that makes the game a bit easier. It's a bit similar to the KotC 1 option that gives your characters 18 in all (or some) ability scores. :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Next

Return to Ideas for KotC 2