1.13 no surprise attack although chose option Pizarra fight

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Fri May 28, 2021 9:37 am

Hi,

In chapter 3, during the pizarra hard fight, i happened to (still in 1.13, already had it in previous version) i had no surprise attack even if i chose a surprising option (psyonist). It occured once in my numerous tries of this fight for now.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: 1.13 no surprise attack although chose option Pizarra fi

Postby Atoch » Sat May 29, 2021 9:37 am

I can confirm this.

If you first chose the option for the surprise round and then the option for the celestial help => no Surprise Round.

If you first chose the option for the celestial help and the one of the option for the surprise round => Surprise Round.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby LordSith » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Still happening in 1.14.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi all :)

I've just tested it, I didn't see any issue no matter what order of options I chose. I would still get the surprise round.

Please try again in version 1.14 and if it still doesn't work, please email me the saved game at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com, and I will try to reproduce the issue. Thank you! 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:34 am

Hi,

I can confirm (as i already have ;)) that it happened at least once in 1.14. However i don't know what are the triggers since in +-10 fights for 2 playthroughs, it happened 2times (once in 1.13 and 1.14).

It may (or not) be related to an "alt-tabbing"/clicking on my second screen action of the player when the game is making initiative roll (as i tend to alt-tab often and click on my browser, twitch, this forum or whatever, while the game starts a fight and roll initiative or play the enemies)

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Thank you for the details LordSith.

I've just tried again a couple of times with [Rogue] then [Nature], and also with [Rogue] then [Divine Champion], with a lot of alt-tabbing, but no luck, the error didn't appear. Could be due to memory corruption from what happens to the game before the fight, I suppose. Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Atoch » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:45 pm

I tried it again with an old save.

And at first, I couldn't reproduce the problem either. So my earlier conlusions were totally bullshit! Sorry :oops:

But with some vague memories I could reproduce the problem and confirm it several times.

However, it is a bit weird.

If you go to the witches before the fight and try to trade something (or just look at their wares) and then go upstairs and start the Pizarra fight, then you will not get your surprise round :geek:
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Hello Atoch :)

Thank you for the pointers!! Okay, I've just tried trading with the witches first, and indeed afterwards I didn't receive the surprise round even though I should have.

I'm going to fix it for version 1.17 [Edit: I've just fixed it]. Best regards :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG