1.13 "death throes" do not elemental (sonic) resistance into

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Fri May 28, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi,

I noticed that in the fight in the beholder lair, some enemy (grey ooze) explodes when dead.

I put a elemental sonic resistance on a character because he was frail in HP and not ideally placed... and it didn't change the damage received.
=> monster dead, death throes starts:

The spell i cast previously is not accounted (8HP is the "normal" amount like he would receive i think because when a save is made, the number is in purple not green, and i assume it would be identical for a dmg resistance bonus in HP calculation? [edit : or not. I don't get why i can't see the damage calculation in that printscreen]).

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: 1.13 "death throes" do not elemental (sonic) resistance

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 pm

I put a elemental sonic resistance on a character because he was frail in HP and not ideally placed... and it didn't change the damage received.
I assume you mean the spell Protection from Energy (Sonic)?

I will check it out. Thank you for the bug report! Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 am

Yes that's what i meant.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Hiya :)

Here, I think you selected the wrong damage type when you cast Protection from Energy. I know this from looking at the tiny icons on your character Erzimon. You have the icon of a protection from Fire but not the icon of a protection from Sonic energy. I did check the same setup as yours and the Protection from Sonic did work for me.

As for the reason why you can't get the damage modifiers, it's because the game only keeps track of around 100 modifier lists. So the last 100 are available in the combat log and the older ones are unavailable (non clickable).

Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG