1.13 - encased is very powerful and only wizard has help?

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Mon May 31, 2021 9:16 am

Hi,

Often i see the tipping point in a battle is when my characters are subject of a state from which only one class has a solution.

Encased is such a case: only wizard's spell can help. Otherwise you have to do a "break free" action which will fail most of the time.

Why are they not psyonist (break cage or whatever) or priest/druid "free action" solution for this?

In my games, if my only wizard is encased, then it's lost because he can't cast spell while encased and other can't help him (or the others encased).

Is that really like that in the rules? have to one shot the enemies psyonist to try to have a fair fight? (which is hard because they all have mirror image and my spell fail due to SR most of the time ^^').

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: 1.13 - encased is very powerful and only wizard has help

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Hello LordSith :)

Why are they not psyonist (break cage or whatever) or priest/druid "free action" solution for this?
Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic can be cast by the Cleric, Druid, Wizard and Psionicist. That's the solution you seek. Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:31 am

Ah okay. I haven't checked recently, but do,'t the "encased" condition only speak of wizard's version?

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:22 pm

You are right about the help entry for encased.

But I think it will not look good if I list every version of Dispel Magic in every help entry for a condition that can be removed by Dispel Magic. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 pm

Yes you are right, but at the time I posted here, i didn't get that dispel was also available to cleric and other than wizards.

Maybe a simple remove of the "wizard" word between () can help to avoid incertitude?

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby Noumenon » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:34 am

What gives you "encased"?
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Sangarunya » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:38 pm

According to the help files, the Encased condition is obtained from three psionic powers:
- Ectoplasmic Cocoon
- Greater Ectoplasmic Cocoon
- Mass Greater Ectoplasmic Cocoon
In the Character Conditions -> Encased section.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Maybe a simple remove of the "wizard" word between () can help to avoid incertitude?
I would do it, but ' Dispel Magic (Wizard) ' is a link to the spell of the same name. If I just leave ' Dispel Magic ' then it won't link to any spell and you won't be able to read the description of the spell. Not too big a deal I think. I'll mention in the tutorial that all full casters have access to Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic. Cheers :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG